Railroad Line Forums - New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 223 ]  [ Total: 224 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7
Page: of 38

Atherton999
New Hire

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  9:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin I just had to let you know how much I appreciate you preserving Richards build thread.i read it a couple of years ago and almost cried when I got to the end.
Donald

southpier
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  04:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes; many thanks for the link to them.

jmartin
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  4:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,

Are plans for this still available somewhere? I was unaware that Richard had passed. I'd like to get a set to start work on a good sized fleet of them.

John

John Martin
Tega Cay, SC

Dr. Alan A. Aagaard
New Hire

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  4:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried replying to your eMail on your very first photo (of plans) and it instantly bounced back claiming no such eMail...

...alan

Dr. Alan A. Aagaard
retired Professon

alan.a.aagaard#gMail.com

thayer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  11:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit thayer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, as per the previous page, the drawings are available on Martin's web site.

https://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/a-tribute-to-richard-gardner/

I haven't done much lately on mine, but they were still on the active list.

Thayer

Edited by - thayer on 01/23/2017 11:41:19 PM

Jerry Kemp
New Hire

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  6:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thayer

Well, I got a bit distracted by Thanksgiving, but am back at home now and making a little more progress. I now have four cars framed up and most of the roofing cut waiting for assembly.

I am planning to first use these cars on a mini layout as I get back into the hobby with my son and since I haven't figured out where to buy 12-inch radius track and suitable switches I decided to rip the rails out of some Atlas flex track and roll my own. I'm lucky to have the A2Z CNC mill and used that and some aluminum plate to create some fixtures inspired by the Fast Tracks system.

Yep - I'm replying to a 6 year old post.

Thayer,

I have 9 pieces of Atlas brand 12" radius track. I picked this up from an old hobby shop in the 1970's that closed a couple of years after I purchased it.

Been carrying it around since then, never used it, but its such an oddity, I just want to find a good home for it.

PM me if you (or anyone if Thayer no longer needs it) can provide a good home for it.

thayer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit thayer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jerry,

Thanks for the offer. It would be best though, to pass it along to someone else. I have plenty of rail stashed, salvaged from flex track, and will be hand laying if and when I plan an expansion. I've been distracted of late, and haven't touched any model rail projects in 2020.

Thayer

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  10:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just found this thread, Great stuff!

Philip

Page: of 38 Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000