Railroad Line Forums - New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 223 ]  [ Total: 226 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7
Page: of 38

Railtwister
Section Hand

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  9:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terry823

I hope Richard is well and can send you the plans. If not, I can send them to you. I am working on one of these now. The plans are great.

Terry S
Reynoldsville, PA

Hi Terry,

With the sad news of Richard's passing, I'd like to take you up on your offer to send copies of his plans (hopefully in PDF?).

I tried unsuccessfully to access them through the Links provided by Mostro (in fact, they crashed my admittedly old version of Firefox), and the best I could see was a thumbnail of the drawings that was too small to be useful.

I did go through this thread's archives, and downloaded all the addendum PDF's I could find, but I'm still lacking the first original views or the corrected original drawings of both types of cars.

Thanks,
Bill in FtL

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,
I sent you a PM.

Terry

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  11:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richard was a good friend on email and in person. I will miss him.

Bill Uffelman

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  01:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a shock and very sad news.
I really enjoyed this thread and appreciated Richard's willingness to share his plans.
My condolences to his family and friends.

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also saddened. Richard and I corresponded over these cars and my kits and I just thought he became too busy for the moment.
A big loss to the On30 community here but I'm sure there's a new one in the sky now.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  09:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is sad to hear of his passing, and his knowledge will be missed. My condolences to his Family.

Mark

W,L,&E

Railtwister
Section Hand

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  12:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In going over Richard's plans that were forwarded to me (Thanks Terry!), I must say I'm impressed with how complete they are. Obviously, Richard put a lot of time and effort into creating them so he could share them with us. I wish I could thank him.

Bill in FtL

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very sorry to hear the passing of richard, we shared a handful of interesting emails about the boxcar plans. and im sure much missed by his closer friends and family.

when time permits, i will be building one of the cars and in the memory of richard.

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  11:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am sad to hear of his passing.

Andy that is a really nice thought on your behalf. I think ill do the same and build one sometime in the future in his honour.

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  3:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very sad news indeed...a great and generous modeler and a really nice guy. RIP, Richard.

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure is going to be missed....I had several personal emails with Richard

OhioMike
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  01:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was informed of Richards passing some time ago as well from an email from his brother. A significant loss to the Model Railroad community...Unfortunately, Your not getting these from 4share unless you pay for them...Any other options.

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  02:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who is 4share? Should I stop send the plans to anybody that asks for them? Are they copyrighted or something else I don't know about?

Terry S
Reynoldsville, PA

d10ng
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  03:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit d10ng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Terry the links posted on the previous page by Derrick are links to the files on 4share. Please don't stop sending the files out.

Regards
Dave
UK

---------------------------
Follow my blog here http://dlmr.wordpress.com/

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  09:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I had forgot about those links. Thanks.

Page: of 38 Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000