Railroad Line Forums - New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 New 18'-0" boxcar Build
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7
Page: of 38

jcoop
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry,

I don't feel you are pushing your excellent products, just suppling great information.

John

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 16th 2015

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  09:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Jim Ellis

[quote]

Jerry,

I'm not the ONLY one...Jon Caesar, Marty Jones and Russ Postelwaight have been asking for them ever since I first started whining. However, four customers certainly would not justify any significant manufacturing endeavor. My guess is that most On30 modelers don't particlarly care about such (minor) details.

Jim

After rereading my last post , It came to me that I may have "tramped on some toes", that was NOT my intent.

"Most On30" as was stated, does in fact cover a lot of us normal, struggling to improve our skills at modeling, even though "most On30" modelers (myself included) started modeling in On30 so we weren't obligated to tighten the very last NBW, or cut the chain one link to short (or too many), and some of us will even forget to model that flea behind old Rover's ear.....for this I am sad.
This is "Model Railroading".....If you want "prototype", well, there are other forums for that.

That was my intent.....this is what I think...

Bill

Edited by - Geezer on 12/12/2011 12:57:26 PM

Ron Knepp
New Hire

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  1:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In an attempt to get this thread back on subject I have attached 2 photos of the sides and ends for 3 outside frame boxcars.

My models are in 3/4 inch scale and the wood is cut from from popular planks that were cutoffs from the sawmill.

Ron Knepp

Edited by - Ron Knepp on 12/12/2011 1:19:16 PM

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  2:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ron.....
Nice work......

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  2:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron, nice work and thanks for trying to get us back on track here.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  5:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Ron, most excellent!

Ron Knepp
New Hire

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  6:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the compliments.

I need to take more photos as I am the point of putting the second body on the frame.

Ron Knepp

Richard Gardner
Section Hand

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  6:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Knepp

Thanks for the compliments.

I need to take more photos as I am the point of putting the second body on the frame.

Ron Knepp

Hi Ron...

The compliments are well deserved and you have mine as well. I'm so happy to see your excellent progress on this build. Your efforts truly transcends scale and gauge.

Please keep the pictures coming...

I would love to see these in person. They must be huge! When you get a full box car fleshed out, would you be so kind as to take a picture of it with your mug in the act so we can get a sense of scale?

Thanks,

Richard

morganhillmodels
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  7:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit morganhillmodels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is "Model Railroading".....If you want "prototype", well, there are other forums for that.

That was my intent.....this is what I think...

Bill

Bill,
Not sure what you mean, you did seem a bit annoyed, not sure why. Quite a few of us cut our teeth on On3 where just about every kit, loco and detail part was almost exact prototype. I suppose more than a few of us continue to want [create] products to make our On30 models as close to prototypical in appearance i.e. having the brake shoes correctly positioned behind the wheels. I believe when Richard started this thread he was outlining his techniques for fine scale model building in On30. This subject has drawn the interest of fine scale modelers such as Jim and Jerry and others to follow along and share their thoughts.

Edited by - morganhillmodels on 12/12/2011 9:22:37 PM

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  9:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Couldn't catch sleep so I tried to do some work on the boards for Tom. Font type RR roman 1916..now just try to print them on white veneer

just rendered them to a jpeg, files are printed with illustrator

Dustymalaymann
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  10:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Dustymalaymann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, thanks for the info on the break beams,

Keith Miller

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bit out of inks on my printer, and still in the fast economic mode, but I do think printing on thin veneer works. Gave it a A/I first and after that a rough coat of off white acrylics..

closer look with a ruler along, sorry it's metric guys !!

Tom if you like where I'm going I can print the roadnumbers out and send them to you..higher resolution for shure

Tommatthews
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  5:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin,

Your work looks very good to me. I would need letters and numbers for the sides and numbers for the ends of the cars.

Tom M.

Jerry Kitts
New Hire

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  5:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by milocomarty

Bit out of inks on my printer, and still in the fast economic mode, but I do think printing on thin veneer works. Gave it a A/I first and after that a rough coat of off white acrylics..

I think the lettering is great for a weathered car.

What did you do to make the material go through the printer besides have a printer with a straight printing path?

Jerry
Diamond Springs and Fiddletown Ry.

swissrails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  6:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Martin

Peter (swissrails)

http://www.randomrailroad.blogspot.com

Page: of 38 Previous Topic: 1/48, 1/43, 1/50 - 25, 28, 32, 40 mm, figure ref. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000