Railroad Line Forums - Gauley & Panther Creek Rwy
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 106 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Gauley & Panther Creek Rwy
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Backmann 3 Truck Shay & Climax  stalling problems Topic Next Topic: NZR prototype photos
Page: of 4

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  2:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, the building looks really nice in it's home. Lots of switching action.

Mark

W,L,&E

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  2:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works well in that corner.

George

quarryman
Fireman

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit quarryman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom,
You have a very nice corner going on there. The big mill really says "end of the narrow gauge". I also like how you have hidden the places where the tracks come up to the wall. You obviously took the time to think this scene through, and it is developing very nicely.

Mark Chase
Richmond VA

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  6:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting to "end of track" up along the Gauley River.
Here is the new trestle leading into the woods at a place called Robbins. I based in on the Mann's Creek trestle plans in the book on same.
Also received this little coal tipple in a friendly "swap"....I think I made out the better on the deal! Gives me a second place to pull coal out of the mountains around Nettie, W Va.

Here is the log loading area....and end of track.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
When is the the next ops day?
I like the progress pictures neat little bridge.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  7:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shots, Tom. I like the bridge too, and the fine coal tipple.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  8:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice progress Tom ! Lovely shot of the loading area..

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  9:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Beautiful work. Looking forward to seeing more of the layout.

Is the yellow critter a kitbash?

Jeff S.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  9:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice trestle and tipple!

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  01:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice setup you have going, Tom.

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  08:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments guys.....

Larry, I'm in the process of setting up a Dec. ops session....you're on the "call board"...I'll let you know asap.

After that, I'd like to hold an ops session every month starting in January.

Jeff, that critter is the AMS On30 model of D&RGW #50, ex Sumpter Valley. It was very reasonably priced (and may still be available on line)and ran well out of the box....I did go ahead and put in a Lenz gold superpack decoder that allows me to "run over 16" of masking tape on both rails" as if I needed that, but the decoder is fantasic because the engine never stalls or even hesitate on less than clean track.

tom (or "sully" to my friends

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

I thought the loco looked like DRG&W #50.

Jeff S.

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  09:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tom
Thanks for the updates, I can't wait to see the new areas in context. I still hope to make it down when you have your event in December when ever that is...but the Fridays and Saturday nights are filling up obligation wise. I know my wife would like to come down on Friday, stay at the beach and come home on Sunday...after all I am supposed to be retired..like Geezer.

Les

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  1:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sullivan

.I did go ahead and put in a Lenz gold superpack decoder that allows me to "run over 16" of masking tape on both rails" as if I needed that, but the decoder is fantasic because the engine never stalls or even hesitate on less than clean track.

tom (or "sully" to my friends

Tom,

I'm very interested in the Lenz gold superpack- it's as simple as plugging it in right? Where were you able to conceal it in the small critter?

I will definitely need one for some of my small critters.. I am just tired of seeing them stall.

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  4:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arthur, the engine has more than enough room for the decoder "under the hood". But, you will probably put the large capacitor in the cab. Painted black and with a crew in place I doubt you will notice it.
Only issue now is that there are no sound decoders that feature the no stall feature (not that I'm aware of any way) so if you want sound you have to install a diesel sound decoder and speaker as well....but again, there is enough room for that too. (this critter is pretty big by On30 critter standards)
tom

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Backmann 3 Truck Shay & Climax  stalling problems Topic Next Topic: NZR prototype photos  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000