Railroad Line Forums - Nevada Northern RR steam 2011 video
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: fd ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Nevada Northern RR steam 2011 video
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: MiniCam Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: July 2011 Engine Facilities  

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I put together a video collection of the best clips from my visit to Ely, NV where I saw 4-6-0 #40 in action:

http://youtu.be/vbHAAKQQ04U

Enjoy!

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  2:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great video, loved the steam action. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  3:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ray,
Thanks for the video, Nevada Northern is on my list to go in the next year or so. What time of year did you go? Is this an all day thing? I have been looking into their engineer school that is a week long.

Les

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you'll like it. I'm a big fan of the Nevada Northern. They have a lot of original equipment and a great facility plus friendly people and nice scenery. I'm usually there in the summer. This year I was there on July 30. On Saturdays they usually do three runs, which take about 90 minutes each. In the past they often did at least two of those runs using steam, but the lousy economy is really hitting the tourism biz and steam is expensive. They only ran the steam loco one time that day, and I didn't have time to stay in the area a second day.

Besides the engineer school, and the regular train rides, they have several other options. You can ride in the cab for about $95 if I remember correctly, or do the "rent a loco" deal where they show you how to run it and let you take it out and back, I think that's around $700 but I'm not sure.

Previous Topic: MiniCam Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: July 2011 Engine Facilities  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000