Railroad Line Forums - Martins homegrown trees, bushes 'n weeds
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Martins homegrown trees, bushes 'n weeds
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: O Scale Bay Windows and Roof Trim Topic Next Topic: Work on South River Modelworks Layout
Page: of 33

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  1:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First post without picture but i like to show you my home grown bushes and weeds. Will do a small tutorial later...

Edited by - Martin Welberg on 07/09/2012 4:09:27 PM

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and some place on my layout

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin, very realistic. I look forward to the tutorial! The bushes add to the grassy and hilly areas of the layout.

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  3:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I echo Mike's comments. Nice job Martin. Also looking forward to a how-to. Thanks for posting & sharing.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking bushes, Martin. Iím looking forward to your tutorial Too.

George

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man I'm a dump*** foolin around with white glue....tutorial with a hot glue gun..weapons of choice..

use a piece of HPL laminate to work on and spray it lightly with a vaseline spray otherwise it's the same as makin tufts, cut pieces of the brushes and stick'm into the glue,,

I don't own a airbrush (need to order one soon) and the lack of flat colors in rattle cans (only mat black) I decided to paint with a brush only use sepia extra acrylics...

next step is to add 5/6mm static grass fibers using spray glue and a tea sieve...

repeat this step but now using 2mm fibers...hard to see but this is the closest my lens can get (need to buy a macro for this)

next step is adding WS fine turf color weeds..but I play around a bit with several colors...

last step is adding Noch Ho leaves, ordered some Polak material also to try and play with..use 2 different colors to give them more depth...

when I'm finished I seal it with a cheap hairspray..
Think it's ending up here on my layout

easy like that takes about 5 till 10 minutes each, maybe it's easier to order prefab Polak's or Mini-natur but I think this is more fun...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh forgot to mention I'm working 0 scale but with the right materials it also can be used in smaller scales I think...

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Martin.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Very nice, Martin.

Thank Frederic, but do you refer to the bushes or the tutorial

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One more trick to be mentioned, I hold them with tweezers when I use sprayglue. Dip the tweezers into turpentine to prevent the tweezers from getting sticky...small trick Jos scotchpine tought me...

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like both, Martin.
Besides, could I like a good tutorial that would explain me clearly how to make something I don't like?

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  10:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Martin,
I have some of the purchased items, and yours are much better. So did I miss something you cut off some bristles or parts of the the brush, then hit it with the hot glue gun, and put them down on the non stick surface? I was trying to pick the sequence...this could be a watch TV and destroy a brush thing.

Les

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  03:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Martin,
I have some of the purchased items, and yours are much better. So did I miss something you cut off some bristles or parts of the the brush, then hit it with the hot glue gun, and put them down on the non stick surface? I was trying to pick the sequence...this could be a watch TV and destroy a brush thing.

Les

Thanks Les, hard to take pictures but I put a drop of hot glue on the non stick surface and stick some bristles or brush parts into it..

Locoman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good Martin. Thanks. Where can I buy some of those old, worn out, looking brushes.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  07:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tutorial, Martin. Iím saving that for future use.

George

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: O Scale Bay Windows and Roof Trim Topic Next Topic: Work on South River Modelworks Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000