Railroad Line Forums - CombineZM
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 97 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 CombineZM
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: March  2011 Night Shots Topic Next Topic: Minolta Lens to Nikon camera  

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2011 :  6:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[url=http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,84627/description.html]CombineZM[/url] is a free photo stacking program similar to Helicon.

Here is a photo using Auto Focus at f29

This is a 'stacked' photo using nine photos of varying focus lengths using CombineZM.

The program is very VERY simple to use. You choose new file, then the files to stack and when it is read you select 'Do Stack'. That's it. There are a bunch of other 'stuff' you can do .. but haven't got into that yet. Pretty sweet .. and you can't beat free!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2011 :  9:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or you could just back the camera up a few feet and then crop the pic down to what you want. The top of the rock formation looks a little strange. That said free is good.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  01:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can't always do that, Mike. Sometimes the shot you take can only be taken from one place.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  03:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And by backing off you get a flatter perspective, less depth... Fine technique! I have used Helicon Focus on a few occasions, but my 24 mm wideangle usually gives plenty of focal depth.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  07:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that sometimes there isn't room to back the camera up but I haven't noticed a flattening effect.

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  1:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use this program for some pictures. Then I take about 10 pictures with different focus. It takes time for the computer to calculate. But this time is it worth.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

Previous Topic: The Gallery: March  2011 Night Shots Topic Next Topic: Minolta Lens to Nikon camera  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000