Railroad Line Forums - Members Prototype Photos
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Members Prototype Photos
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Page: of 10

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  6:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This LIRR Commuter is pretty modern compared to the cars I rode to the Hicksville station in the '60s.

Jim

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  4:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My very first image I took of a 2 ft gauge cane train in August 1966 which resulted in my life long obsession with sugar cane railways in Queensland and narrow gauge in general around the world.

Here an 0-6-0DH built by E M Baldwin in Sydney, New South Wales enters the mill yard at the Moreton Central Mill, Nambour with a load of wholestick sugar cane. The driver's assistant is ready to jump off the locomotive to run ahead to change the points where necessary. A 2 ft gauge Shay locomotive can be seen "preserved" in the background.
Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum
Ipswich, Queensland

Edited by - Curator49 on 06/19/2017 4:58:38 PM

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  11:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently found some railroad related pictures, among my Father-in-Laws things after he passed away. He lived in Bradford, Pennsylvania, but I have no idea where these pictures were taken. Perhaps some of you fellows could determine that by some of the trains in the pictures.

Bananas Come by Ship & Rail / Courtesy of United Fruit Company

Forest Products Move by Rail / Courtesy of U.S. Forest Service

In a Railway Freight Station

In the Locomotive Erecting Shop

Signals Flash Their Messages

The Train Dispatcher

These are all I have, if I find any more, I will surely upload them.

Rich

CWRailman
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  11:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CWRailman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Bonnie and I were out in Phillipsburg, NJ two weeks ago and I took these shots of an ex-O&W Milk car, ex-L&HR flanger, now belonging to the Phillipsburg Railroad Historians.

Here is a little history of the car and some more photos. It seems in worse shape now than when the museum purchased it.

http://www.prrh.org/photos/l_hr105/index.html

The site of the Phillipsburg Railroad Historians is the old CNJ yard and freight house in Phillipsburg.

In their H series "Heritage" line of kits, which were the last kits they sold, they had a model similar to the photo you posted. However the one in the kit looked like it have been built from a converted caboose. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambroid-Heritage-Line-HO-Kit-H-19-LeHigh-amp-Hudson-River-Flanger-Train-Car-Boxed-/202221476068?nma=true&si=OR59D9JpwyBDAEZCpubLWe3Js5c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Denny
Janitor in Training
CW Loco and Car Rebuild Shops
WEB site: http://www.cwrailman.com/
Facebook: CWRailman

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  08:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The longest trestle in the world. the Tulip Trestle. Tulip Indiana. Still in active use for the Indiana Railroad.

Eastbound ground level

Westbound about 1/4-1/2 mile away

Westbound

Base looking up

Base looking eastbound

Base looking west

Base looking east

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/05/2018 09:39:12 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim

Great pictures! Did you take enough to model this thing? lots of action for that printer of yours.

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  3:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

I'd probably be better off finding a blueprint to work from. Once I built the first one, the res would be cake. It's like 157 feet tall, so it would take a while to put together one main. But, very doable. I'll have to consider it, for a 'Structures' AP. project.

Jim

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2018 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Railrunner130's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I'm lucky enough that I live within a reasonable distance to the Strasburg RR. Here is #90 running the Santa Train a few weeks back.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000