Railroad Line Forums - Tellynott corner module
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Tellynott corner module
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Emporium Seafood Co. Topic Next Topic: Loco shed, scratchbuild
Page: of 32

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  09:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The standard "Dalrymple" look is expanding.

I like it.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  09:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark I just read through this thread.

Wow this is just amazing!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  09:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

As usual it's right on par with the theme.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  8:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments Bill, Greg, Carl, Jerry and Frank!

Greg - i might just use that! Only I thought Yeastside? Work hard, play hard - kind of fits with the theme of Shadowlands.

Carl - thanks for that compliment!

Jerry - I'm glad to have you along for the ride! Hopefully things will move a bit faster over the next 11 months as I try to get as much done for the Christchurch convention as possible.

Firstly here is a picture from the other direction.

And a panoramic shot. I will try to break up the flat height between this structure and the Tellynott insurance co. with some rooftop details.

Here is a shot looking over the fishing pier to the mill and kitbash of Chippy Hollows behind. Still unsure about this area.

And a photo on the other side of my Downtown Decco kitbash - down the river to the stone arched bridge behind. This was one of the views I needed to keep.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  9:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi again.

To start with a little note regarding large kit-bashes. I have found that having two kits is very handy. Especially handy is having two kits which have two sides in one style and two sides in another (eg Walthers American hardware).

Moving to the right is a photo showing the street scene through to the Tellynott corner diorama. I tried all sorts of stuff here - including some quite large industrial stuff. I think I like the old world charm of these small structures (stolen from my Fault lines layout!) - a small area of preserved historic structures down by the water. I stacked the buildings here from largest to smallest as it helps make the scene look deeper. It also leaves a nice view over the rooftops of the water cascading down under the stone bridge behind.

And here is the other side of the street. I moved my tobacconist from next to J J Hollenders boxing gym to the front here. It has some nice detail and fits in with the old world charm. I think I am happy with the structure behind, although I might try two smaller buildings.

I made the paper structures by photocopying the elevations from the Bar Mills Potters pub plans (thanks Bar Mills - very handy to have full sized elevations when you are doing this sort of thing), cutting them out and then gluing them on to pieces of polystyrene that I had cut to the right size and shape.

This little angled no exit road gives a nice glimps behind. The building to the right is a DPM kitbash - stolen from my fault lines layout!

And here is a view looking back, showing Potters pub (the three paper structures) and a Campbell kit in the foreground - again stolen from Fault lines!

More soon, cheers, Mark.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/18/2019 :  08:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Excellent, I was beginning to wonder if there was going to be a railroad in there somewhere.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/18/2019 :  09:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark,

Nice set of photos; they allow us to follow your thought processes while you plan. The phrase you use, “old world charm” went through my mind viewing the previous set of photos, especially the one “looking over the fishing pier” with the jumble of buildings facing different directions.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/18/2019 :  12:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is fun following you through the streets as you build each one.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  02:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome....4 months and countdown for September

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  3:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank, Mike, Jerry and Mario.

Frank - yes - I guess I better put some railways in there!

Thanks Mike - yes - the area you talk of is growing on me. Having the Chippy Hollows kitbash on an angle like that means only one side and one end will be visible. This will leave me with one side and one front to convert into shop fronts.

Thanks, Jerry. Still a lot of streets to go!

Thanks Mario. Not long now! Its nice to be making progress!

Well - I started on the large kitbash yesterday (Sunday). I went through a lot of sheet plastic plotting and cutting out the interior floors/ roof pieces. It was a little tricky to work everything out with all the angles involved. I cut two for the top section, two for the middle section and one for the bottom. I will also need a back. I buy the styrene from a local plastic manufacturer. About $30 for a sheet of 1.5mm of about 18 square feet. I'll post some photos when I'm a little further along.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  03:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.

Made some progress. Still a long way to go!

I've decided it looks quite hospital like. Tellynott could do with a hospital. There is a road going underneath the building and a hospital seems like a nice reason - plus an ambulance or two! Perhaps I could turn the wooden mill which will be my next project into a asylum?

View from behind. The timber and poly are just there to support the roof at the right height while I mark and add strip plastic to glue the bottom of the walls to.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  08:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Perhaps I could turn the wooden mill which will be my next project into a asylum?" Mark
That would be crazy! (in a good way)

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  09:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful configuration on the hospital!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

Nice configuration of buildings in the above streets. I am curious as to how you will complete the Chippy Hollow kitbash. I am fond of that building. Thanks for your update on this section.

Rich

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A bit of surgery to make a hospital.

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 05/23/2019 1:26:31 PM

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: Emporium Seafood Co. Topic Next Topic: Loco shed, scratchbuild  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000