Railroad Line Forums - Cardigan Bay Coastal Railroad..the beginning..
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: conrailandrew ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Cardigan Bay Coastal Railroad..the beginning..
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: stiff leg derrick - Keil-Line #48-125 Topic Next Topic: First time REAL layout ( and yes, in On30 )
Page: of 100

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  8:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Martin, the green looks great as the green tends to lighten as it ages.

Mark

W,L,&E

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  01:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Martin, if you want a softer green, you can tone it down with any red/rusty/brown color before making it lighter. The Naples Yellow RED tone available from the dutch artist color brands like Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Talens etc is a very fine color for mixing with green to age, warm and lighten it at the same time.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  04:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BBLmber

Martin, the green looks great as the green tends to lighten as it ages.

Mark

Thanks Mark

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  04:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kirk

Martin, if you want a softer green, you can tone it down with any red/rusty/brown color before making it lighter. The Naples Yellow RED tone available from the dutch artist color brands like Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Talens etc is a very fine color for mixing with green to age, warm and lighten it at the same time.

Thanks Troels, realy like your advices. They help me out on this never ending journey of discovering color...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  1:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
Got a very friendly mailman today, brought more Polak naturex F leaves material...

and more static grass colors from the same brand..

and I went to the arstist shop in my neighborhood, came in for some tubes of paint and as usual I left with a bag ful of stuff. Picked up these pure artist pigments, pastels, brushes....graphite pencils for the track..

Now I only need to learn how to use'm...

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  1:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address
Martin
That looks like some great material, I assume the static grass is for the grassmaster? what lengths does it come in? As for the leaves, do they actually look like individual leaves? would you be using this on trees or just falling down on ground stuff?

Les

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Martin
That looks like some great material, I assume the static grass is for the grassmaster? what lengths does it come in? As for the leaves, do they actually look like individual leaves? would you be using this on trees or just falling down on ground stuff?

Les

Hi Les,
static grass is indeed for my grassmaster, comes in lenghts of 1 , 2 , 4.5 and 6.5 mm. Realy prefer Polak over Noch because of their more natural looking colors. As for the leaves the look ok to me, nice colors and I use'm on the ground as for my trees and bushes. They produce fine, medium and coarse and they look like this

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  6:37:16 PM  Show Profile
Watching these last posts is like smelling good food. It whets our appetite.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  8:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
This ones for Les gardenpond fibers and Polak leaves..

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  8:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Watching these last posts is like smelling good food. It whets our appetite.

I know Frederic, thats why you can't stop foolin around with it...

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  12:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Wow!!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  01:40:51 AM  Show Profile
YES! Very effective scenery. I like the shade of green u choose for the traven/residence too.

It's only make-believe

wirten
Section Hand

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  01:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Polak!

It really looks great!

I had never heard of Polak before. You say they have more natural colours than Noch. But the size of the leaves. Is this just for O scale modelers or would it work on a HO scale layout as well?

Anders

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  04:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wirten

Polak!

It really looks great!

I had never heard of Polak before. You say they have more natural colours than Noch. But the size of the leaves. Is this just for O scale modelers or would it work on a HO scale layout as well?

Hi Anders, they have 3 sizes in this leave material. I only use the medium and coarse at the moment. Brighter leaves in the picture are Noch and they are made for H0. So I do think that the fine and medium leaves would work out in H0. They even make 1mm static grass, about garden hight in H0 (if you don't mow too often )

wirten
Section Hand

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  05:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Martin, I definetly have to check this out.

Anders

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: stiff leg derrick - Keil-Line #48-125 Topic Next Topic: First time REAL layout ( and yes, in On30 )  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000