Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Dec. 2010 "Modeling Accomplishments"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 3 | Guests: 64 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Dec. 2010 "Modeling Accomplishments"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Tutorial on HDR Topic Next Topic: New camera - video with sound
Page: of 9

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
It is December, and another year is coming to a close. That means that it is time for our fourth annual ‘photo review’ - a showcase for what we have accomplished at the modeling bench or on the layout in 2010.

Photos showing any modeling work you've done over the past year are welcome: structures, rolling stock, vehicles, motive power, scenery work, track work, layout construction - all are appropriate!

Since the more prolific modelers among us might have a lot of photos to share, I will suggest that you spread them among several posts. Those members on dial-up have loads of problems if we upload more than 3 or 4 pictures at a time.

Okay, then, let’s see what you have accomplished in 2010! You don't want us to think that you've done nothing, right?

I once again caution everyone to keep copyright issues in mind. If you didn't take the picture, it isn't yours to post. Links to photos on the web are allowed, however.

In consideration for those on dial-up, please keep your photos to 80KB or smaller.

FiatFan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Life kept getting in the way so I didn't get much done on the layout this year. My only real accomplishment is this abandoned building.

Tom

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  09:41:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FiatFan

Life kept getting in the way so I didn't get much done on the layout this year.

I know what you mean, Tom. This was not a big modeling year for me either. That being said, you did a great job representing a boarded up building.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile
A big part of my modelling year was devoted to the Dave's Corner project. One of the most charming sub-project, in my opinion, is this small shed inspired by a real one located in Gloucester, ME.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  12:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Charming indeed, Frederic.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  2:48:37 PM  Show Profile
It hasn’t been a particularly productive year for me either. I did make a few buildings for the club’s new steam facility, which is still under construction, The first is a warehouse that was scratch built from wood, styrene and cardstock. The base is taskboard and was added to keep the platform attached.

George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  3:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Tom, your building needs posters and graffiti, it's too clean :-) nice job on something rarely modeled.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  3:58:29 PM  Show Profile
It's that time of year already, man time does fly when you are having fun! I started this last year but did not finish it til this year.
Troels Kirk Cannery by Full Steam Ahead.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Greg, I thought you were done with the Cannery.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  4:05:50 PM  Show Profile

Greg Shinnie

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  4:07:47 PM  Show Profile
I am now Frederic.
I hit the post button before I added the pictures.

Greg Shinnie

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  4:47:59 PM  Show Profile
This is a crew bunkhouse I made for the club’s engine terminal. It started with an wooden Ambroid passenger car kit. The addition is scratch built.

George

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile
George, I love this structure!I think I will have to try my hand at building one of those crew/bunk houses for myself, it looks so perfect!

Greg Shinnie

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Some nice projects posted. frederic, I completely missed that shed during the year. Too much travel. I am hoping I can finish the only project I've started, this year, and contribute it to this thread.

Chuck

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage

While I had built the original Foscale background kit (seen to the left side of the structure) in 2009, I built the addition to the kit (seen to the right) in January 2010.

I enjoy building creative additions to structures and this was a fun build, for sure!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:52:38 PM  Show Profile
I completed this LM3 kit this year. The original coaling building is about 4 feet long and the approaching ramp is an other foot and a half long. Due to space limitations I chose to build it half its size.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Tutorial on HDR Topic Next Topic: New camera - video with sound  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000