Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 95 ]  [ Newest Member: CNR 6218 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Alan & Michael Join The Crew Topic Next Topic: Welcome Our Three Newest Members!!
Page: of 66

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2019 :  08:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Chris. I'm guessing that the local modeling community is pretty small and supplies must be mail ordered. Maybe we can help on the community. The way motivation worked for me, I had a space with pieces of layout in it for 12 years before I took it to heart that I wanted a complete layout and nobody was going to build it except me. That was 12 years ago and getting my main line complete only took about 4 years.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2019 :  08:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris & Jerry, welcome to the RR-L Forums and thanks for taking the time to tell us a bit about your interests. We hope that you enjoy your time here!

Bruce

jking207
New Hire

Posted - 01/01/2020 :  3:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings all. I am a recent transplant from Columbus, Ohio to Western Maine (Stratton). As a child my Grand Father was a huge rail fan. We would explore the tracks in Northwestern, Ohio. Now decades latter I am thinking about a small layout. I have been a modeler most of my life and thought Iíd dabble in HO for a change of pace. My first project has been Sheepscotís Catís Head Pier which I have been working on since July. A build thread posted here has helped me greatly on the project. I really enjoy the work posted here and hope to get better at the craft.

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/01/2020 :  5:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the group! Thanks for joining us and hope we can make you feel as though you are part of the crew. We're a fairly laid back bunch, but there are some great talents and helpful knowledge folks here for you to help build your skills.

Jim in Indiana

PS You seldom. if ever see a or a  thingamabob here, but you'll see your fair share of 's and 's

dad4the3
New Hire

Posted - 01/08/2020 :  3:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here goes nothin....live in pierson mi....been runnin trains now for over 50 years.Modeling in ho....little bit of n scale and sometimes g scale.recently bit by craftsman kit bug.after reading posts on this forum i decided to join.thanks

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2020 :  5:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Mr. King and Mr. Murphy. Mr. King, I've climbed some mountains in Stratton, but don't know any modelers there. The closest concentration of model railroaders to you is probably the Great Falls club in Auburn. If you're interested in the NMRA, take a look at seacoastnmra.org. The Seacoast Division is also involved with the Maine Model Railroad tour in September, and several members' layouts are usually open for Tour de Chooch after Thanksgiving (tourdechooch.org).

Hawghead
New Hire

Posted - 01/14/2020 :  11:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't check this thread as often as I should so I'll just say welcome to all the latest new arrivals. I'm glad to see we are getting some more narrow gauge fans.

Scott

There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug and play.

Faire to Midland
New Hire

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  10:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. My name is Ian, and I've been playing with N scale since I was a teenager. I've been using the name Faire to Midland for my layouts since I was about 16. I've visited this forum off and on for a few years actually. I first found it when somebody linked to a garage someone here was building in 1/35th scale. It was really impressive work, but I kind of quit following progress when the thread seemed to become more about playing with dolls. I then sort of forgot about this forum for a while after that, but I was recently reminded of it an checked it out again. I am fascinated with the Early Rail forum, as that is the era to which I would like to build my next layout. The pictures and ideas and research offered up in those posts really inspire me, and I'm excited to start posting there myself.

My new layout room is 7-1/2 feet by 16 feet, and I intend to create a freelanced short line railroad somewhere in the Arkansas Ozarks or Ouachitas somewhere around the turn of the 20th century. I'm not real big on any prototype fidelity, I draw my inspiration from all over the place. While my original interest in the area came from the White River division of the MP, I have a bad habit of wanting to incorporate design ideas from just about every good railroad book I read, and I read a LOT so... I'm hoping for some help to pare down my ideas, build a clearer vision and turn that vision into an actionable plan.

Edited by - Faire to Midland on 01/22/2020 02:41:59 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2020 :  08:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Ian. Most of us who have layouts have gone through the paring down process, so our thoughts on it might be useful to you.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2020 :  08:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Ian. Donít worry about what you model as you will find a lot of us here started with a prototype but modeled the same as you, what strikes our fancy. You will find some tremendous excellent modelers here in all scales.

TomO

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2020 :  6:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ian, freelance is great as you get to do what you want and fallow less rules.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Page: of 66 Previous Topic: Alan & Michael Join The Crew Topic Next Topic: Welcome Our Three Newest Members!!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000