Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals
Page: of 61

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  08:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Bob. Have fun on your excursion into DCC and On30!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Truc
New Hire

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  1:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Truc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
My name is Curtis and I live just north of Seattle with my wife of fifty years, Vickie. My very understanding wife of fifty years considering how much time and money I devote to my hobbies.
The primary hobby has always been model railroading which got its grip on me as a teenager in Sag Harbor, NY. Mr Dorshel's hobby shop was a magnet.
I've built models of almost all scales throughout the years but now I've been condensed to just a 2x8 foot shelf on which I'm building an On2 diorama. Years ago as the Long Island Railroad headed east, Montauk was still too unpopulated to warrant a line and so the track headed a bit north to Sag Harbor which became its Eastern Terminus. My line, The East Harbor Ry, assumes the LIRR did, indeed, go to Montauk instead of SH. A
nd so the village fathers raised enough money to build their 2 foot line the 10 miles from Bridgehampton.
On a different note, if any of you attended the NMRA convention in Seattle about 10 years ago and visited the Ballard Terminal Railroad, you would have seen me piloting the SW1 "Little Beaver. I had the pleasure of becoming an engineer and working for the company that owns not only the Ballard Terminal but also the Puyallup Southern. So, Hi to all of you!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  3:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Curtis. It's nice to have a wife that puts up with our craziness.

We have a large group of narrow gauge modelers of various scales and gauges here, so I'm sure you're going to fit right in.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  5:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Curtis. Our youngest son and his family live out in Puyallup.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  10:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curtis, Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here. Nice to learn more about you.
For the past 33 years I have attended the Bumbershoot Festival.
This year the temperature change I usually enjoy was not there. I live in Florida.
ed

hardcoalcase
New Hire

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  5:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I’ve had a little time to explore these Forums and have found the expertise and friendliness to be amazing! So, I’m looking forward to many enlightening discussions, and just maybe I can contribute on such complex matters as… on how not to do things!

Ok, to introduce myself, I model an HO freelanced anthracite road c.1910, hauling the hard coal from NE PA to the west bank of the Hudson River. Just imagine two or three Camelback Consolidations struggling to pull a too-long string of wooden, truss rod, coal gondolas up 2% grades; and you’ll have a good idea of my vision for the main-stay traffic.

My current layout is in a 21’ x 18’ room, certainly a generous-enough space to model most of my “gotta-have” list, while hopefully keeping my ambitions down to a do-able level. I’m working on the third-of-four phases that will complete the plywood-pacific stage. From there, I hope to begin testing the operations plan, starting the basic scenery and putting a dent in that unbuilt kit repository and the long list of to-be-scratch-built projects. I‘m using NCE Power Cab at it’s basic level now, but will be seeking a lot of technical assistance as things progress to multi-cab wireless. Along the way, I’ll be looking for help on resin casting techniques – I’ll have a lot of wooden gondolas to make!

Jim, aka hardcoalcase

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  5:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of expertise here on all of the stuff that you've mentioned, and more! So settle back, enjoy the ride, and feel free to chime in with questions or comments. We all learn from each other!

Enjoy!

Pete
in Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  8:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Jim. I'm interested in hearing your way of "how not to do things". I'm tired of making mistakes on my own.

George

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  9:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, welcome to the forum Jim and Curtis. Jim, you'll find that you can learn something new every day on this forum, and not juts about model railroading. Jump right in with questions. you will receive many authentic, realistic, answers from more than knowledgeable experienced, craftsmen'. As you have noticed, the comradeship and friendships are genuine. Have fun building that coal run'..

1/4 G 48 :<)

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Curtis and Jim. Thanks for your great introductions and I look forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

Mark

Page: of 61 Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000