Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals
Page: of 61

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  08:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woodie & Detroit,

Welcome to the RR-L Forums, and thanks for taking the time to tell us a bit about your modeling interests.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  08:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-Line, Woodie and Detroit and welcome back to the hobby.

George

Red Tractors
New Hire

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  9:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Where do you live?

Arcadia Ohio, where the NKP started construction in May 1881.

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?

Since a lionel 0/27 set for Christmas in 1983 when I was six.

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?

Mostly the Nickel Plate in the early 1960's but I tend to drift a little.

4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?

If I had a layout it would be a bridge line based on the Lake Erie and Western across Ohio, but as a wholy owned NKP subsidiary.

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?

I'm a member of a club with a 25' X 25' sectional layout in HO

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?

Detailing! But I don't care for electrical.

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?

Slowly moving into DCC.

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.

My family has a small farm, I also restore Farmall Tractors, hence the user name.

9) Post your picture - if you dare.

Naaa.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  08:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the crew. Welcome to the Forum! I worked in the grounds dept. at a large hospital complex when I was in college, and spend a lot of time mowing grass with an International Cub Lo-Boy. Red, of course.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  09:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for introducing yourself, Aaron. You're in good company - most of us started our model railroading with a Lionel set.

George

Tsehum
New Hire

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Having recently joined RR-Line, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Brian Wilson and I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. I seem to be a bit of a rubber gauger modelling in everything from Gn15 to N with most of my efforts being in On30 and On18. I have 2 mini layouts: an On30 measuring 24" x 48" and an On18 which measures 18" x 33". One project is to join the two layouts by means of a dual gauge interchange.

All of my equipment is "shop-built" or severely kitbashed. Currently I'm butchering a die-cast Model A pickup into a rail truck. It's an adventure! I have a kind of "close enough" approach to modelling however I really enjoy the detailed modelling of members of this Forum.

I hope I can contribute to the Forum in some small way and am looking forward to seeing the progress of members' projects.

Cheers

Brian
Victoria, BC

Mr Skratch
New Hire

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  7:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Skratch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) Where do you live?
Overland Park, KS.
2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?
Received a TYCO steam loco back when I was 10 or so - ran it like crazy....disappeared from the hobby until 2 years ago when I attended the local train show just for kicks.
Freelance
1940-50's - no specific region at the moment. Currently have Pennsy and B&O steam units.
My current layout is a half way completed 4x12 shelf - also currently building some free-mo sections in order to practice scenery in a smaller amount - HO scale
Favorite part is building structures - Least favorite is electrical work
DCC - Digitrax
Currently a registered architect in several states and own my own firm. I am a triathlete and also coach Jr/Sr High Track & Field and Cross Country at a private school. US Navy veteran from Desert Storm.

Download Attachment: bw-casual3.jpg
164.61 KB

davidstrains
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  10:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Where do you live?
Stafford, VA south of Washington, DC near Marine Corps Base Quantico.

Off and on from about 1967. Built a nice layout in 1997 but had to remove it due to flooding and reconstruction of the basement. never got it back.

Freelance - MoPac, BNSF and UP

Missouri-Arkansas kind of.
None now. The layout that I had was 10'x17' with a 6'x3' peninsula

I do enjoy construction of benchwoork, laying the track and wiring and scratch building structures from my old business cards.

DCC

Retired from Gov. in 1997. Direct a Handbell Choir at church which does take some time and we provide childcare for our 3 year old grandson on a regular basis which also limits my MRR time.

David in Stafford, VA

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  10:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-Line, Jason and David. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves.

George

JORGE_RAIL
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

I am happy to join this great forum. A few months ago I discovered it and was fascinated with what they do and with the help they give.

I introduce myself. My name is Jorge Espejo, I'm 27 years old, and I live in a small city in Peru.

I'm a rookie in this great hobby.

As many started collecting scale models. I have bikes and trucks, especially I like the classic models. Then I started to assemble KIT'S, until I discovered the marvelous world of trains to scale.

For now I have 3 models of the MTH brand in H0 scale. But I have a big problem since they are 3-way and I can not make them walk, it's a real pity.

Now I would like to do my own model, and with the help of all of you, I will do it. I will be asking you for advice on techniques, tools and materials to use.

Thank you so much

PD.- I do not like the writing, it happens that my native language is Spanish, and my English is not very good, and in some cases I'm helping with the google translator.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  09:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Brian, Jason, David & Jorge. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves to the other members here on the RR-L Forum.

Jorge, one of our sons and his wife are in Lima right now celebrating Christmas with her family.

Bruce

Kevgb
New Hire

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  3:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I'm Kevin and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I've only been involved in this for a few months and I started with an N-scale Kato uni-track starter set and I added a small yard and bought a few cars.
I'm going for a modern-era CN freight operation. I'm influenced by watching trains when I was younger in the Sherbrooke, Canada area where the CN and CP main east-west line passed through along with short line trains from New England.
What I like most is simply watching the train go around and the nostalgia. Love it! My set up is DC but trying to learn more about DCC for future.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  4:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  5:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-Line Jorge and Kevin.

George

loboloco10135
New Hire

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  01:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone! I go by the truly unique name of Vet. I've been visiting this forum for some time and finally signed up. I live in southeastern Idaho and belong to the local HO scale club here in my town.
I started with model railroading at 10 when my father gave me an issue of Model Railroader magazine. That sent me off down the road of dreaming 'bout my forever layout but life intruded. now I'm retired with a 14' by 19' room to devote to model railroading.....I'm overwhelmed on where to start.
I've always been partial to UP and he Oregon Short Line since I grew up a grenade's toss away from the their tracks. I remember the big orange PFE reefers on the siding near my backyard. Never been much for watching trains go 'round-and'round. I prefer the operating rules and paperwork side of it (I guess that's diagnostic, isn't it).
I'm still in the planning stages of my forever layout. Keep changing my mind and spinning my wheels. I really enjoy N scale although I have some HO equipment for operating at my RR club downtown.
I love DCC except I'm not an electrical engineer and that seems to me mostly black magic and Dark Arts kinda stuff. Waiting for the day Dead Rail takes over, then Nirvana will have arrived.
I have the wonderful opportunity to operate on two local extensive model railroads and it is so enjoyable! Would love to replicate a tiny piece of that excitement in my own little basement train room. Phew, that's enough about me. Let's talk about something truly interesting...like model railroading!

loboloco10135

Page: of 61 Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000