Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  12:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks George,
There does appear to be a wealth of information on this forum. Where is best to post progress? Should I be starting a new topic under one of the forum headings?
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  2:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, start your own thread under Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum, which is under Model Railroad Forums.

Posting pictures can be difficult. This link to tutorials should help. http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

George

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  6:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks. I see there is a forum for On30, would that not be better? What is the difference?
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  10:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I thought you were talking about HO. The On30 forum is fine.

George

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  12:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

David, I thought you were talking about HO. The On30 forum is fine.

George

The Force is Strong to the Dark Side!

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

The Force is Strong to the Dark Side!

Larry, my assumption that David was modeling in HO was wishful thinking. It appears he belongs on the dark side with the likes of you.

George

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  5:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha. I used to be HO but after giving all my stuff to my dad when he was looking to start a layout I was left with a clean slate. Seeing all the gorgeous layouts was inspiring as well.
Dave

Piotr Bein
Section Hand

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  1:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Piotr Bein's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Name: Peter (Piotr in Polish, I'm Polish Canadian). I live in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia.
2. Since 2013. I started as a LGB toy user when my kids got a basic set from a froiendofmine who got bored playing with it :))) My top achievement then was a tunnel made in the cornerof room of paper mache. I doubt I could go into modelling then, because of ...job of course. Retired, fed up with political discussions with Polish lemings, and seeing the LGB toy idle, I started from an oval in nice garden setting... and it sucked me, a retiree, completely in :)
I regret I have not started the hobby earlier -- life is too short to build the models one'd like to.

3 & 4. An out-of-the-box rebel, I hate restrictions, so my layout is no epoch, area nor company. I enjoy the work on the layout outside, the modelling on wet and cold days inside, hunting for deals, scavenging. events.. The kids enjoy the rest, and they don't care if it's a mix of 19th century and Fairyland. Their screams of joy is the ultimate reward... I like that best.
5. G gauge, scale 1:24 more or less :) Several hundred feet, expandable to full perimeter of an acre lot. No loops yet, switching and turning by hand -- exercise for brain and muscles :)))
6. Like best: micro civil engineering and planning (my profession): "land-use" planning layout sub-areas, building to a particular terrain with its micro-constraints. Least: taking down layout models for winter.
7. RC battery powered.
8 & 9. https://piotrbein.wordpress.com/about-me-o-mnie/

Piotr Bein
Section Hand

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  1:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Piotr Bein's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some of my garden terrain, layout and first models:
https://piotrbein.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/kolejka-ogrodowa/

AVT
New Hire

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  2:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm Anthony, all the way up in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada. I've been interested in model railroads since I was a kid, took a break with work/family/life but am now planning a 14 x 24 basement layout in HO.

I'm planning a layout based on a 1930-40 logging line set in British Columbia connecting with a sawmill and industrial area similar to Granville Island in the Vancouver area. For those who are interested, Granville Island sits in a Vancouver harbour and was once covered with sawmills, foundries, machine shops, wire rope manufacturing and all sorts of logging suppliers.

I love scenery building and am freaked out by electrical. I'm hoping to continue learning from so many of the members but also get feedback on my layout plans as I proceed.

All the best,
Anthony

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  4:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piotr & Anthony,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for taking the time to tell us about your modeling interests!

WoodiesTrainShop
New Hire

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodiesTrainShop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

1) Connecticut, USA
2) I have only just started getting back into the hobby. I used to do it with my dad back when I was a kid, but kind of stopped. I went to play with model steam engines for a while but they aren't holding my interest anymore.
3) I'm probably going to do a prototype at the start and go from there
4) I want to do an early 1900s style set in the midwest
5) Right now it's going to cover my work bench, which is 4 x 10, but hopefully I love it so much I'll want to expand it
6) I love the creativity and attention to detail that it requires. I hate how addicting it is and how much it costs!
7) Probably going to use DC
8) I am super excited to start this venture. I'm going to be doing it along with my son. He loves trains!
9) You can find it on my website, http://WoodiesTrainShop.com. Currently it's for model steam engines but I'm going to add a section about my railroading journey.

I am so excited!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  10:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to RR-Line, Woody. A number of members are interested in pre-WWI modeling, you'll find some of their work in the Early Rail forum. DC is a reasonable choice for a 4x10 area and small period engines. If you're going to either the Hub Division's NEMTE show in Marlborough, MA Dec. 3/4, or the Amherst club's show in West Springfield, MA Jan. 28/29, I'll be around.

WoodiesTrainShop
New Hire

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  2:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodiesTrainShop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

Welcome to RR-Line, Woody. A number of members are interested in pre-WWI modeling, you'll find some of their work in the Early Rail forum. DC is a reasonable choice for a 4x10 area and small period engines. If you're going to either the Hub Division's NEMTE show in Marlborough, MA Dec. 3/4, or the Amherst club's show in West Springfield, MA Jan. 28/29, I'll be around.

Awesome, thanks for the info JBVB. Appreciate it!

Detroit
New Hire

Posted - 11/20/2016 :  11:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

So here are the important details:

1) Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
2) Got into it as a kid, but stopped when we moved houses when I was a teenager. Just getting back into it now.
3) Last time was freelance, going to aim for a little more prototypical this time around.
4) Not currently fixed to an era or region, but maybe early 1900's to 1950's? At this point, steam only.
5) Used to model N scale, so starting again with that. Thinking of doing some diorama work in a larger scale One Day
6) Cheaper than buying a 1:1 scale steam locomotive, good for lateral thinking and acquiring new skills to problem solve. While cheaper than a real loco, it is still rather expensive!
7) At the moment DC, but thinking of moving to DCC. Long term goal will be controlled (possibly automated) by Arduino/Raspberry Pi
8) Been reading the forum for a little while, some amazing work on here! I hope to learn a lot, and hopefully eventually I can contribute some knowledge as well.
One of the reasons I joined this forum was the community that is evident, especially with the outreach to New Zealand after the earthquake.
9) Not today!

Detroit.

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000