Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  4:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jake, and welcome to the forum'..Nice presentation'. Look forward to seeing your stuff'..

Ted

Jerry Martin
New Hire

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  12:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy,, I was at one time very active on the forum and life changes dictated I give up model railroading for a while, been busy in the music business and have not had time for anything else for the past few years. Now I have found some extra time I can devote once again to the hobby so decided to give it a go again.
Looking forward to talking with everyone again and getting back to it, a lot has changed in just a couple of years and I need to do a bunch of catch up......another adventure!!

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  12:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to have you back Jerry. Looking forward to your input.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jake, thanks for taking time to introduce yourself. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your layout.

Welcome back, Jerry. You are right, things sure are changing in the hobby and most for the better.

George

Allegheny1600
New Hire

Posted - 08/23/2016 :  08:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allegheny1600's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
My name is John Edge and I live in the north west of England, halfway between Liverpool and Manchester. Both of which cities are quite famous for football (soccer!) and music - sadly I have no talent in either! No interest in footy but I do like music of all kinds, quite "catholic" tastes really in that I like everything from "pop" through Rock, Classical and yes, Country! (got a couple of albums by Chris Ledoux!).
I'm 50 y.o. married with three cats, own my own (small) business, we both like travelling around the world.
I've been a model railroader since I was a child, it's a lifelong hobby for me. I started out with British 00 stuff because I knew no better but then I lived in France for a while and got started in H0.
By the time I was about 25 (1990) I got into US outline H0, buying a bit of everything to start with before settling on Southern Pacific/Rio Grande. I happily collected these items while helping to build a club layout (at this time, I lived in Derby in the midlands). After a while however I grew more interested in the C&NW so sold off the Espee/DRGW stock as well as my old French stock. I was really into Alco's so that kept me busy for a while.
I managed just one trip to the States in 1995, imagine my horror at discovering that UP had just gobbled up "my" railroad!
Over the years my interests wandered again and I followed KCS, C&O (where my username comes from) and NY,NH&H but always came back to the North Western.
Thanks to my wife, we moved "up north" as we say and eventually I became involved with German H0 trains, then I started going to see them and the obsession grew until just recently when the flame simply burned out.
So now, I'm back and in love with the North Western again, although recently I have also developed a 'crush' on the Texas & Pacific.
Big fan of DCC with quite a number of sound fitted locos, even published an article in "Continental Modeller", a British magazine devoted to modelling railways around the world!
Cheers,
John.

Cheers,
John.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2016 :  08:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great introduction, John. Welcome to the Forum!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2016 :  08:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, John. Sounds like you've dabbled in a variety of railroads (railways ). Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

George

GeoffAllen
New Hire

Posted - 09/13/2016 :  11:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, all. I am a lifelong armchair modeler with a newly empty nest. This means, among other things, I finally have some time and money on my hands! So, my wife gets her craft room, and I get to finally build a train.

So I'm definitely in the newbie category, though maybe worse than a true newbie, because I know enough to be dangerous. :-)

Currently thinking about On30, and have come upon this forum regularly in my web travels. Y'all seem like a friendly lot, so I figured I'd join in.

Geoff

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  08:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Geoff. We do have a very active group of On30 modelers here, and as you observed, it is a friendly place.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  10:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing some of your work Geoff.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  5:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Geoff. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

George

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  10:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Geof and welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your layout come to life.
I know you'll have fun building it'..

Ted

GeoffAllen
New Hire

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  11:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Hello Geof and welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your layout come to life.
I know you'll have fun building it'..

Shucks, I'm even having fun thinking about it.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  1:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,
I'm currently living in British Columbia, Canada, in the lower mainland (Surrey). I started in model railroading as a teenager with a Lionel set I got from my cousin then I branched into HO. I let the hobby go while I was in the military as moving was too hard. I did keep building and painting models however. I started another HO layout towards the end of my career but it didn't survive my final move. I helped my dad build a layout as well and recently decided to start back in with On30. I really like building structures and making scenery. I have never actually operated a train, although I have had one go around the track a few times. I at the very beginning of the hobby again. I am trying to figure out a layout that can be modular (I know I will move sometime in the future) but I know that I will never be able to fill a room so I am looking at a 13' x 2' or 30" wide layout. My challenge is trying to figure out how much room I need. It seems that when I get a suitable run of track, I have no room for buildings. Knowing that I will likely never have an "operating session" maybe I have to get used to the idea of just having a very large diorama with a siding or two.....
Anyway, hopefully I will find inspiration and help within this forum.
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  08:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for introducing yourself, Dave. I'm sure you'll get some inspiration from the members here. When you get started on your layout, post some pictures of your progress.

George

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000