Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 95 ]  [ Total: 95 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member
Page: of 62

MissingTheMEC
New Hire

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  3:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I am an expat Brit who has lived in Connecticut for 36 years. My first exposure to US railroading was seeing the Maine Central in the Brunswick area in the late 70s and taking some Athearn blue box equipment (an SW7 I think) home with me to marvel at how much better it ran than UK products of the time.
My interest stayed with the MEC and B&M, but I shifted my timescale back to the early 50s to include passenger trains and the end of steam. Since I live in a condo my layout is quite compact and represents (and you can see the British heritage here) the end of a branch line somewhere in the general area of Northern NH or VT. Progress tends to be pretty sporadic as I tend to work on whatever I find interesting at the time, leading to a lot of work in progress but not a lot of finished product. It is, after all, a hobby and not a job.
There appear to be a lot of prolific and skilled modelers here, I expect to learn a lot and will try to contribute where possible.
In warmer weather I tinker with old British cars (a 1979 MGB and a 1979 Triumph Spitfire) and referee youth and adult soccer matches.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Derrick. I know many people say to avoid using DC and DCC side-by-side on the same layout, but I've been doing it for about 10 years with no problems - I just connected my MRC Prodigy Advance to one of my cab buses and continue to use my DC throttle on the other.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  4:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Derrick and Neville.

Neville, many years ago I owned a bug eye Sprite and I pulled the engine and rebuilt it. Those old English cars are a heck of a lot easier to work on than modern cars.

George

rbturner
New Hire

Posted - 02/17/2016 :  11:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone from central Ohio. I just joined the forum but I have been reading it for quite a long time. I joined so that I could reply to a poster in the HO gauge forum that is looking for some parts.

I have been a model railroader and train fan for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for such a warm welcome; it is rare these days on the Internet.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2016 :  3:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join in the fun.

George

CHAROST
New Hire

Posted - 02/27/2016 :  08:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folks !
My name is Chris, I live in France (unfortunately it's a very dangerous country) and I'm very happy to be a new member of this great community.
I love model railroad but I'm a very very poor builder. Anyway, I'm happy with a train, an oval of rails on a sheet of plywood.
Many thanks by advance for your welcome.
Best regards,
Chris

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2016 :  09:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Chris. If you're happy with "a train, an oval of rails on a sheet of plywood", you are at the right place.

George

CHAROST
New Hire

Posted - 02/27/2016 :  11:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Welcome aboard, Chris. If you're happy with "a train, an oval of rails on a sheet of plywood", you are at the right place.
George

Thanks. And that's exactly what I do !

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46961

JGDURAND
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  05:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Chris, a young hello of France through the US, welcome among us

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44268

If you can dream it,you can make it

CHAROST
New Hire

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  06:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Merci !

vwrabbit
New Hire

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  1:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy! Been lurking awhile. Time to post. Love the site!

Tim

Harry O
New Hire

Posted - 03/28/2016 :  9:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welllllll...;
I am from California and graduated from Richmond Union High School in '66 Think of the movie "Coach Carter" that is my alma.
Dad was a sailer from La his dad retired from the Rock Island as a section foreman.
Mom a San Francisco young girl.
Joined the Army in '667 out in '70 as a Capt. of Arty.
went back ta school became first a machnest then a cop.
Moved to Colorado.
My in progress layout is set in the war years (WWII) And Is named Colorado to California rail lines thus C to C.
I am building or have built my rolling stock motive power and structures.
that is the part of the hobby I love that and watching the grand kids run the trains.
Well God Bless and I hope to catch up with you all
Harry O

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  08:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you're joining in, Tim.

Harry, thanks for taking time to introduce yourself. Since your were and artillery captain, you probably have a hearing problem like many of us old folks. At least it doesn't interfere with the hobby.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, Chris & Harry,

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for checking in and providing us with some of your background info.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Jake istre
New Hire

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  2:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone my name is Jake. I am a lifetime model railroader. My love of trains began as a kid when i would walk to reeves market located across the street from the Sacramento northern yard in yuba city California with my grandpa. I started out with tyco trains then moving on to athearn blue box kits.i model in HO, N, and O-31. I used to stare at the earl small shaw tenement row photos as a kid wondering how do they do that. Now that i have worked my way up over the years id say my skill level is that of a beginner expert. I have building wood kits for over a year now, and i have learned so much from building them. I wanted to say hello and I will share what i am working on with my "tide water central " layout .southern pacific in the Bay Area of California .i hope to get to know fellow modlers and learn new things.

Edited by - Jake istre on 07/01/2016 2:19:42 PM

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000