Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member
Page: of 62

Kasman
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  12:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kasman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all

I many have introduced myself a long time ago, but have not been active in the forum. I plan to rectify that! My name is Kevin Spady. I live in Glendale California and model modular On30 in the 1920 - 1930's era. I have been modeling for the since I was a child, but have only gotten back into model railroading in the past 5 years or so.

My modules are freelance and oriented towards Pacific Northwest logging as that is the area I grew up in and know best. The focus of the railroad is the pudding River Lumber Company, a small logging operation situated on a coastal river. All controls are NCE DCC.

I most enjoy realistic modeling of rolling stock and structures, although I am anything but a rivet counter! I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Edited by - Kasman on 01/18/2016 01:13:37 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  08:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kasman

Hello all

I many have introduced myself a long time ago, but have not been active in the forum.

Welcome back! Your memory is correct. You checked in back in 2012 (see page 27 of this thread.) Love the photo.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  08:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Kevin. I took a quick look at your Facebook site and your modeling looks great.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fine work.

George

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  09:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome and looking forward to more of your work Kevin.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

skyshooter
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  6:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all MMR's!

I'm Chriss, a MMR without a layout currently, I've been out of the hobby since the early 1980's, but recently have been back in - starting a plan for a narrow gauge shelf layout or module, probably HOn3, possibly Sn3 or On3.

I like the area/region I grew up in Colorado, and the mining areas of Cripple Creek, Gilpin, Blackhawk, etc. NOw I am living in the North Dallas, Texas area.

I was a professional photographer for many years and have been shooting astrophotos lately (my other hobby, and hence the user name). I just started shooting photos of some of the local model railroads near me, and am having a blast planning/photographing other layouts so far, looking forward to starting my own in the near future.

Thanks for having me in you group.

Edited by - skyshooter on 01/18/2016 6:21:57 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  7:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Chriss. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

George

LogicRailTech
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  10:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit LogicRailTech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for letting me join. I grew up in Oak Park, IL right across the street from the Lake Street "El" (or "L") and the Chicago & North Western Railroad. Been in Houston, TX area since the late 80's. No basements down here but I have a dedicated 8' x 20' finished (carpet & AC!) room at the back of our garage. Modeling the CNW (shocking, I know) set in the mid 70's (my teen years). I worked with the infamous Byron Henderson on the design of my new HO scale layout; it was featured in Model Railroad Planning 2014. And no, there are no layout pictures yet because ... I've been too busy running my company, Logic Rail Technologies, for the past 25+ years! I won't turn this post into an ad so please just visit the URL in my signature if you're unfamiliar with our products. Other hobbies are road (bi)cycling, golf, and following my beloved Chicago sports teams.

Chuck Stancil
Logic Rail Technologies
www.logicrailtech.com

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  10:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Chuck! Enjoy the ride!

Pete
in Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck & Chriss, welcome to the Forum. Thanks for taking the time to check in and tell us a bit about yourselves.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-Line, Chuck. When you find time to work on the layout, post some pictures.

George

talltim
New Hire

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  07:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been a member for a while, but not posted much.
I'm Tim David, I'm from the UK but I have catholic (lower case c, Although the Vatican Railway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_Vatican_City looks like a interesting subject to model!) tastes and like trains from all around the world.
I've been a modeller all my life, following in the footsteps of my father.
I'm trying to limit my modelling choices to 1980s Guildford Rail Systems in Mass (those Catholics get everywhere!) and 1910s PRR/B&O/Union RR along the industrialised Monongahela River east of Pittsburg, specifically Braddock. I find the Early Rail Forum of this forum both informative and inspiring which is why I joined.
I also keep getting tempted by Swiss stuff, specifically the Montreux–Oberland Bernois and the Clarens–Chailly–Blonay. Must resist...
At present I'm building a Freemo (UK equivalent of Free-mo) module based on the diamond crossing on the causeway across Lake Monona near Madison WI. After that I plan to built a layout based on Glenn Street in Lawrence MA. I have about 10 other layout ideas in the queue too, trouble is, I have new ideas far faster than I can build!
I'm firmly in the DCC camp, since I 'started again' moving to US protoypes I though it was well worth doing.

Tim David

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for describing your modeling interests, Tim. I'm glad that you enjoy our Early Rail Forum!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  09:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Tim. It sounds like you have a real challenge channeling your railroading interests. You'll fit right in here.

George

drowe1
New Hire

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  10:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I am from Southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania about 45 minutes south of Lancaster city.
I have been involved in model railroading since I was a kid, I was giving a O-gage Lionel Crayola train set which got me started in the hobby.
The Harrisburg, Portsmouth, Mountjoy & Lancaster Railroad (HPMtJ&L), as a proto- freelance railroad. I will modal the early 20th century, ca. 1915 in Lancaster County in HO scale.
I am in the early plaining stages of my modal railroad, thus do not know how large my modal will be.
I have no one favorite part of the hobby, my least favorite is the limited number of locomotives and rolling stock produced that cover the era I model.
I plain to convert all my locomotives to DCC, as I have several older brass modals, until I have converted all my locomotives to DCC I will use DC.

Derrick

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Derrick. As you probably know, we have an early rail forum here that should give you some ideas - and a place to ask questions of like-minded modelers.

Bruce

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000