Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals
Page: of 61

NP2626
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  06:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me how to use another Avatar, not one from Railroad Lines list of Avatars. I like the Jolly Roger, however it has little to do with Model Railroading!

Edited by - NP2626 on 10/28/2015 06:44:51 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  08:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NP2626

Can anyone tell me how to use another Avatar, not one from Railroad Lines list of Avatars. I like the Jolly Roger, however it has little to do with Model Railroading!

Check you PM box. I've send some instructions.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

NP2626
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/29/2015 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce, I hope I have sent something usable!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2015 :  08:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, this should work fine.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

NP2626
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  05:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, Thank you! Although I am a sailor, own a sailboat up here in Central MN and have acted Piratical at times, I model the Northern Pacific and that is where my model railroading interests lay. The N.P.'s Monad makes better sense!

rdwhite42
New Hire

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  10:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I model anything: Maritime, RC Airplanes and Model RR with focus on building structures and scenery as opposed to operations.

Currently working on my last effort to build a layout. Disposing of 40 years or old dreams on E-bay and buying new stuff as needed for this focused project. Building a maritime driven (2) 4x8 module HO switching layout. Focused on 40-50s era maritime transfer pre container for sure. Docking for RR car transfer barge and unique smallest (C1-M-AV1) WWII Cargo ship being built to exact 1:87 scale.. (7" beam and just under 4' length) every part and fitting has to be custom made so challenging. With any luck I might get it done before my time is up.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, rdwhite42. That's an interesting sounding layout you have planned. Once you get underway, post some pictures of your progress.

George

Tippytib
New Hire

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  9:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, now that I've lost all the questions and am suffering oldtimers.....
My name is Ed Tibbetts AKA Ted. I live in Lynn, Ma, USA. I have been infatuated with trains since I was 4! I discovered Colorado Narrow Gauge at 14, spent a year in the service in Denver in 63 and got to explore most of the old ROW's
I've been away from the hobby for 20 years, messing around in boats. I got out my old brass and am in the process of going DeadRail. I probably have missed some/most of the questions, but......

Ed T.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  10:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see you figured out how to post, Ed. Welcome back to model railroading. You'll find things have changed a lot in the past 20 years, mostly for the good.

George

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  10:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings, Mr. White; there are some knowledgeable rail/marine modelers on the forum, but the only ongoing project in your area of interest is Greg Shinnie's "Magoun Pier" thread. Ed, you're not far from me and in fact I'm modeling part of West Lynn on my railroad. But there are others who know a lot more about Colorado slim gauge.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2015 :  08:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to the hobby and to the Forum, Ed. We are happy to have you as part of the crew!

RD, welcome to the Forum. Thanks for taking the time to make your introduction.

Bruce

AaronV
New Hire

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  6:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Aaron V. I've been lurking for a while but decided to join. I'm very slowly working on a small HO layout and hope to kick it into gear in 2016. Therefore, I'm thinking about starting a "layout build" thread to document my progress and hopefully give myself a little more motivation to make regular progress.

I live in southeastern Wisconsin. I've lived in the Midwest my entire life, but have long been fascinated with the railroads of New England and the northeastern U.S. I'm also primarily interested in transition-era modeling; my layout will be set in the mid-1950s, although I was born a couple decades too late to experience this era of railroading in person. My layout will be a freelanced Maine standard gauge shortline.

I'm trying to decide the best forum to put my layout build thread in. It seems like it would either be the "Mid sized" forum or the "Model Railroad Construction forum...I'll probably put it in the Model Railroad Construction forum.

Anyway, I've already learned a lot and been greatly inspired by lurking here, and hope to contribute in some small way...

Aaron V.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  7:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Aaron. I chose 'Mid Scale' for my B&M Eastern Route thread, but the majority of those actively building use Model RR Construction.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  7:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Aaron. I'm looking forward to following your layout construction thread.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  10:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Aaron. Either location would be fine. Mine is over in the Model Railroad Construction Forum.

Bruce

Page: of 61 Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000