Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21†Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals
Page: of 61

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Vikram & Nick.

Nick, interior detailing is an interesting aspect of the hobby - especially at the level you describe.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Nick49
New Hire

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  1:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nick49's Homepage  Send Nick49 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for the welcoming. I will be posting pictures of what I have at a later stage. Only able to come online for a short while. Thanks again.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  5:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Nick. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your work.

George

NP2626
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  5:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm NP2626 and a fan of the Northern Pacific Railway. I model N.P. around Butte Montana in the year 1953. By modelling the transition I can run both 1st Gen diesels and the end of steam. I started in this hobby in 1956 with an American Flyer railroad that my brother and myself shared. I got into HO in 1960 and have been a model railroader off and on since that time. My current layout is loosely based on the Butte Montana area and the layout, although far from complete, is operated and has been in existence since 1988. I am a modeler (a builder of models). So there is very little RTR stuff on my layout. I have close to 140 freight and passenger cars and of this maybe 5 freight cars are RTR. If it wasn't for the model building aspect of this hobby, I would likely find something else to do with my free time.

Current projects are re-building a string of MDC Roundhouse Overland Passenger Cars and installing DCC Sound decoders in 4 locomotives. I also like to build wood kits, buildings and rolling stock. The above is what I'm up to.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  8:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mark to the site. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and letting us know your modeling goals. I think that you will find that you have have company in the interest of the NP. Looking forward to seeing your work.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  09:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Mark. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

You will find that building models is the glue that makes us all stick together here.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

jeyjey
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/16/2015 :  12:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've been finding some great prototype-oriented info over on the NGDiscussion and C&Sn3 boards. I'm hoping to augment them with something more on the modelling end.

I did freelance HO as a teen back in the 70's. I've recently retired and started a 15' x 12' HOn3 layout. I'll be modelling the fading afterglow of the competition between the DSP&P and the D&RG. Specifically, I have parts of the C&S High Line (Kokomo, Jefferson and Silica) in 1936, and the parts of the D&RGW's Gunnison line (Sargent and Marshall Pass) in 1940. Of course one has to have Alpine Tunnel, which is sort of stuck back in 1910, but I mostly ignore that fact.

I grew up in TN and CO, so despite the fact that I now live in Ireland, my construction techniques (and modelling subjects) are US-style. Which brings it's own challenges as "common" stuff in the US isn't always common over here.

I'm more into historical research and modelling than operations. But I am giving DCC a go this time around.

I don't have any track laid yet, but here's a water tank I've completed sitting on some roadbed:

Cheers,
Jeff.

Modelling the D&RGW and C&S in HOn3.

Edited by - jeyjey on 05/16/2015 12:24:23 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/16/2015 :  12:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Jeff. That is a great looking water tank.

Bruce

Tom Coletti
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  4:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to one and all across the internet,

Just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus during the collegiate years. While I exclusively modeled the San Diego & Arizona beforehand, my current interests have dabbled in the MNRR, Mexican steam of all sorts, the Pacific Coast Railway, and now the South Park Line. Since early January, I've been working on a 1:87 scratch-bash of Mojave Northern Railroad No. 3, a rather odd 0-6-0T that most San Diegans will recognize:

http://www.steamlocomotive.com/misc/images/mnrr3-unknown.jpg

I'll probably post a thread on her construction progress, as well as one for my newly-started project: a scratchbuilt Baldwin 8-18c in HOn3. If that doesn't end in bombastic failure, I may pursue HOn3 full-time.

Looking forward to what everyone else has been working on; there's a wealth of top-notch craftsmanship here that's continually inspiring.
Cheers,

Edited by - Tom Coletti on 05/27/2015 3:15:21 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  4:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Jeff and Tom.

Jeff, I like your Masonite spline roadbed. I guess it's not called Masonite in Ireland.

Tom, that's a fine looking locomotive. I'm interested in seeing your postings about your loco builds.

George

Mr Emearg
New Hire

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
I live in Albury Australia which is on a state border between Sydney and Melbourne
I probably been interested all my life with a little train set but started about 20 years ago and really started about 5 years ago.
I intend to model my local region utilising contemporary models.
The structure of my layout will be modular based on the Free-mo specification. Saves a lot of thinking on how to do things
Really enjoy open countryside scenery but hate structures
Currently trains are DCC but looking at Blue-rail to see if it is a viable alternative
Thanks for the join
Graeme

miekec
New Hire

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  7:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Introductions? Ok, here goes:

1) Where do you live?
Greater Boston, MA, but work on my friendís layout in NH.

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?
Heh. A few months - got the disease by hanging around one of you too much...

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?
4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?
Say what? My friend just showed me these interesting kits, I said ďoooh!Ē and started building.

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?
Itís taken over his attic, and is HO scale.

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?
Havenít done it long enough yet to have discovered those.

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?
Trains? Nah, I stick with scenery.

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.
I donít need another hobby, I donít need another hobby, I donít need another hobby. Sometimes nicknamed MissGuyver, Iím a general maker and troubleshooter. Like to think outside the box and make things work.
Female, 45, Dutch by origin, outspoken, computer geek, sometimes blue-haired.

9) Post your picture - if you dare.
Itís already somewhere on your forums. Iíll send you on a puzzle-hunt to find it. Though I think itís not so much about me as it is about the stuff I make and how I make it.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  8:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mieke,

With an intro like that, you'll fit right in around here. Most of us are slightly (some more so than others) off-plumb.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

Pete
in Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  8:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Mieke. It's nice to see you've jumped in with both feet. The yard office looks great.

George

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  8:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mieke,

I love your name (pretty close to the spelling of mine) and I love your version of the West Lynn yard office!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Page: of 61 Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21†Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000