Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals
Page: of 61

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  08:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Jean-Gilles. We are glad that you decided to join the Forum.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  08:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Jean-Gilles. This may help you when you want to post pictures. http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

George

Retro-Craft
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  03:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro-Craft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello folks! I haven't been here in a very long time, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself. I signed up back in April or thereabouts, posted some scratchbuilt jobs, and suddenly found myself forced to take a bit of a hiatus from the hobby. Now I'm back into it full-force, and here's hoping to post more of my modeling projects!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  08:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, C.H. !

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

WEUSANDCORR
New Hire

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  5:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G'daye all, My name is Les Staff and I model the C&NW here in the Clarence Valley NSW Australia.
I have been modeling since I was a ten yr old. I met my little mate who is affectionately Known as the Runt about six mths after my wife Velda and I married. He is the husband of her best friend and mate from school days. We started the WEUSANDCORR {WE-US-and CO-RR} in 1976 after reading about the V&O AM etc.Its a long time to be railroadin together. Our colour scheme yellow and green and black roof. It was because of this that we became interested in the Can't and Never will. We live 700klms apart but that don't stop us from interacting.Modern day methods of communication make it easy Skype and email telling each other which trains are are arriving and leaving for each other. I'm the mountains and Runts the coast and docks and now we have built a new steel works for him as well.
My layout is HO 14ft6"x 16ft 6" double decked with up and down helixes. The layout is currently being expanded into an ajoining room and will have one helix instead of two when finnished.I run 10amp NCE radio through four DCC Specialties cut outs. The Runt has 5amp radio

C&NW Lives here
Regards Les

Edited by - WEUSANDCORR on 12/23/2014 10:10:52 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C.H. glad to see you getting back into model building.

Welcome aboard, Les. Thanks for introducing yourself. Like your long distance friendship, many of us have made friendships through this forum - the internet has changed our lives.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2014 :  09:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Les. Thanks for telling us the 'back story'.

Bruce

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2014 :  11:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Les! I enjoyed reading your introduction and your railroad sound interesting. Perhaps you can start a thread and share some pics of your work.

Mark

elittle
New Hire

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  11:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good day! My name is Ernie and I model in the HO gauge, with particular attention to the Southern Railway. I run my layout using Digitrax DCC equipment. I have been into model railroading for about ten years and am currently working on the NMRA Civil AP process, which is the I am using Fast tracks templates for the construction of crossovers and a ninty degree crossing.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  3:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Ernie. Keep us posted on your progress toward achieving your NMRA AP.

George

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  12:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to have you with us, Ernie. You will find a number of other forum members handlaying, some with the jigs, some without. I suggest you browse the sticky threads in the Model RR Construction forum as you have time.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  09:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Ernie. I, too, will be working on the Civil Engineering Certificate this year. It is the last that I need for the MMR.

Bruce

vanhorntwsn
New Hire

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  10:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Towson, MD, Seat of Baltimore County. I've been a model railroader since 1941 when I got my first train sets at age 3. I became an HO scale modeler in 1952, and moved on to O scale in 1955. I freelance model early 20th Century Mid-Atlanic Region narrow gauge railroading. My layout is 15 x 20 feet walk-in-and-around, O scale 30 inch gauge: On30. I like building and bashing rolling stock the most, scenery the least. I use 12 volt D.C. control; I plan to add DCC as a switch over option. My railroad's name is the Kenly's Creek R.R., Kenly is my middle name. My grandfather and myself had Major William L. Kenly of the Army of the Potomac as namesake. This may be why I am also a Civil War historian/buff. I am History Chairman for the Baltimore Chapter, N.R.H.S. and I just retired as Chapter President. I am also a founding member of Baltimore Streetcar Museum and I have modeled traction also since 1954. I am building a 11'6¨ x 3' x 6' On30 traction layout in my office where I'm typing this. I'm not sure about how to post on the Forums nor post a photo, but that last bit is to your advantage! - vanhorntwsn (Martin)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  11:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, welcome to the Forum and thanks for telling us a bit about your interests in the hobby.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  12:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Martin. We have an active group of On30 modelers, so you'll fit right in. Posting pictures is a common problem for newcomers. Here are some threads on how to post pictures. http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

George

Page: of 61 Previous Topic: Jack Zins and wigertoods21 Join RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: Sunday Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000