Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 76 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member
Page: of 62

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  9:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Wolfgang, Dave and Simon. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your model railroading projects.

George

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  6:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kruisyk

Hello, Friends:
I've been a "lurker" on the forum for a long time, but did all my posting elsewhere. I've decided it's time to come over and meet some new folks, so here I am.
Dave K. (kruisyk)

Welcome Dave, Glad to see you here. You'll find the RR Line forum folks to be real friendly and into the modeling scene pretty heavy. Don't forget to check Troels Kirks threads under the On30 forum.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

crayvalley
New Hire

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - My name is Peter Bartlett and I live in Ireland - moved here from London ten years ago.
I have been modelling for yonks and my main iinterest is HOn30.
The best thing I can do by way of introductions is to ask you to take a look at:-
www.crayvalleyrailroad.com.
Peter

Peter F Bartlett

The Third
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  7:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter very nice work, glad you joined.

Jim

hokie_tech
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  08:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
My name is Bill and I live in Mississippi. I've been interested in model railroading for years, but have been stuck in the arm chair. My New Years resolution is to do something in On30.
I have read this web site for the last 2 weeks and have joined, because of the enthusiasm that seems to run rampant here.

Bill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  08:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Bill & Peter. Thanks for introducing yourselves to the rest of the crew.

Peter, I enjoyed visiting your website. You have some nice modeling going on.

Bill, I'm glad to hear that you are taking the next step in modeling - the one that gets you working on something in On30. I assume from your user name that you are a V.T. grad. We visited the campus with our oldest grandson back in November. It is his #1 choice right now.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the crew folks and thanks for your introductions. Enjoy yourself with this great group of modelers.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  12:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Peter and Jim. There are a number of narrow gaugers that hang out around here, so you guys should fit right in.

George

Edited by - George D on 12/26/2010 2:58:30 PM

shadetreekid
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  12:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Peter. I have great memories of Killarney. I travelled there with a group of friends. We enjoyed Ireland for its beauty and Golf and Pubs.Wewlcome to the Forum, and looking forward to your contributions.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  8:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotten a little behind in welcoming the new members so I'll have to do a group welcome.

Glad you all could join us and I look forward to your future contributions.

As you think, so will you be.

Off Duty
New Hire

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  11:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm Jim. I've been lurking and learning for a while and figured I would introduce myself.

I live outside of Philadelphia PA and have recently gotten back into the hobby after a few starts and stops to raise a family and maintain my career. when I was young, a few decades ago, my father had a 4x8 plywood layout with no scenary but it always fascinated me to watch the trains. I discovered later on that his father used to work on the railroad in Maryland. I don't have any more information about that since they have both passed and my grandfather never talked about it that I can remember. I found out about it after my father passed and discovered that my grandfather had been collecting a railroad pension for many years of his life. So I guess my interest in trains is in my DNA.

I don't have a layout right now. I am in the prep stage cleaning out a room and trying to figure out a plan. I am modeling in HO and have a 11x14 space with one door and two windows for my layout room. I want to model I guess the contemporary era based loosly on the area I am in and the junction between the electrified commuter lines and the CSX yard and freight movement. I have been reading the forum to gain ideas and tips on what to do and what to look for. I am very much into structure building right now primarily for the enjoyment of it and the stress reducion it provides from my job.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from everyone.

Jim W

mscwolf
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  08:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mscwolf's Homepage  Send mscwolf an AOL message  Send mscwolf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Another 'Welcome!' to THIS forum, Jim... I think you'll find it a friendly bunch and very helpful. The Software's a bit different than where we're comin' from, but it can be learned - if a Simp like me can do it, I am sure you'll master it in no time. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Maybe I can coerce you to make a road trip down to VA for a visit. Happy New Year (a little early!)
R/,
Norm

Norm

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Jim. You’ve come to the right place for learning. Thanks for taking time to introduce yourself.

George

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  3:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, welcome to the forums.
If you need help with your plan we have lots of members who are excellent in that department.

As you think, so will you be.

Off Duty
New Hire

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  8:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Norm, George and Rick for the welcome. I am sure I will be asking quetions as I am always trying to improve.

Norm - I will have to plan a westside route down to Virginia Beach sometime so I can stop in and say Hi to you and your family.

Happy New Year everyone.
Stay Safe

Jim W

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000