Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 135 ]  [ Total: 135 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

rlundy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  11:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. My name is Ron and I have been a member since 2006. Untill yesterday, 2006 was the last time I was on the site. Didn't realize what I was missing. I am having a great time looking through all the old threads. I have been in model railroading for about 8 years now. I also have to divide my time up with other hobbies as well(RC Airplanes, Woodworking and Leather Carving)so that makes it hard to get a project done, plus I am excellent at starting projects, but terrible at completing them. So my projects have been few and far between.
I am modelling the Greater Winnipeg Water District, a small industrial railroad that goes 100 miles east of Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is used to service the aquaduct that brings the city of Winnipeg its water. I chose this road because of the equipment they use. Most of it is very old and beat up. Also requires a ton of scratch building, which I like the best.
I also recently decided to get into On30. I finally finished my first project and posted pictures in the On30 thread.
Even though I have always loved trains, I am a model builder first and a model railroader second.
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and participating in the forum. Regards,Ron

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2013 :  08:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron,

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the crew. We are glad that you are becoming an active member.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2013 :  11:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Ron! You have missed a lot, but it's never too late to get involved. As far as not finishing projects, I can guarentee you your in good company! I think we are all that way, myself included.

Mark

rlundy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/27/2013 :  12:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome. You aren't kidding when you say I missed a lot. It will take me six months or more to go through everything, let alone read the posts. Thanks again for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this great forum. Thanks, Ron.

Engineer Bob
New Hire

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm engineer Bob, because everybody accused me of being one for 36 years. I live in Ft. Madison, Lee county, IA. I have modeled in S scale for forty plus years, but have recently had my interest in 19th Century railroading reawakened. I stumbled on this forum, and while the idea of 55n3 fascinates me, I'm not sure this is the time or place for me to attempt a new modeling concept. That being said, it may not b completely out of the question. I have a Bachmann 0n30 2-6-0 that I got off of Ebay last summer when I lost control of my keyboard fingers (imagine that!). What I would like to see, and probably won't, would be an S scale version of a 19th Century 4-4-0 from the likes of Bachmann or somebody, but I'm sure dinosaurs will roam the earth again before that happens. Whatever, here I am, maybe I can post something useful on occasion. I need to figure out how to post photos

Engineer Bob

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  5:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Bob. Thanks for introducing yourself to the crew.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  7:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Bob. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

George

Tim W
New Hire

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  6:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
I am new to Railroad line forums, so here here we go I live in Belleville, MI., between Detroit and Ann arbor. Moved here 7 years ago, now that the house and yard are done its time to get back to my modeling. I have been in Model railroading for over 45 years now. My Scale is HO, and I like doing it all. Hand laid track and all. I look forward to being part of this community.

Thanks
Tim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  6:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Tim. One of our son's lives just above you in Milford. There are a number of active Forum members from Michigan - not me, I'm one of the Jersey Crew.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  09:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Tim and Bob! Thanks for your intro and I look forward to seeing some of your contributions.

Bob, it's never too late to try something new.

Mark

tslager1
New Hire

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Newbie here.

My name is Tom and I am living in Chatham, Ontario. I've been here for about 7 years after moving from Grand Rapids, MI Been an educator most of my adult life (I'm 42) and currently working at Goodwill helping people find jobs. Got a wife, three step kids, and a boy I helped make.

Grew up with an old Lionel train in our family basement that my dad got in the mid 50s. he still has it, and I still get over to his house in Michigan to run it once in a while. Always liked watching model trains (and real ones). When I moved to Ontario, I needed a hobby, so I bought some stuff and built a small 4x8. Learned a lot, made a ton of mistakes.

Currently, I am building a doughnut shaped layout with a hinged lift gate. Made some errors in planning that due to ignorance.. table is too wide, lift gate is giving me alignment problems.. but.. I am enjoying building it anyway.

Don't model anything in particular. I just like to watch the things go. I have some modern diesels and a few steamers. Say the layout is about 1/4 done.

Running Digitrax DCC. Thats been an interesting learning curve, too.

Thats the nutshell version!

Tom Slager
Railroad Newbie

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  12:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Tom. We hope that you enjoy it here.

Tim W
New Hire

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  4:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone.
My name is Tim and I live in Belleville, MI. I have been an HO scale modeler for nearly 45 years. I like Just about everything attached to this hobby. from Building cars to wiring and building the new electronics that go with it.

I hope to get involved in this forum as the years go by, but for now I will keep my mouth shut and learn a little how this forum works before putting in my two cents.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

ebergh
Section Hand

Posted - 12/15/2013 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I live in the San Francisco East Bay, although I grew up "over the hill" in Walnut Creek, with the SP San Ramon Branch line running behind our back fence. It went down and back every day, great fun for kids! Plus, twice we saw a Circus Train! I was hooked for sure... My Dad gave my brother and I our first train set at Christmas... (That's me in the middle)
[/URL]

I currently no longer have a layout... my last modules are gone and the rolling stock and structures passed along to others - I ran out of cat-free/dust-free space for them. However, I hope to soon negotiate the removal of a large palm tree that will allow me to build an 8x10' shed out back!

The plan is for a series of HO standard gauge modules set in June of 1967, for an SP branch extending through Crow Canyon between Castro Valley and San Ramon, CA.

My greatest interest has always been building structures, especially wooden ones like the old Campbell line. I have done a number of kit bashes to Walthers Cornerstones that were fun too. I also enjoy the old Ambroid, Labelle style of rolling stock kits, as well as some scratch building in wood. Haven't done much heavy scenery, as the modules were pretty narrow...

My last layout did have DCC and I really enjoyed moving to that from DC! Locos with sound are pretty cool!

Here is a link to some of my previous structures, now passed along to others...
http://s133.photobucket.com/user/ebergh/slideshow/Models/Model%20Railroad%20Structures

Take care,
-Eric

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2013 :  4:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim & Eric,

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves to the rest of the members.

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000