Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

BCR_766
New Hire

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  2:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, my name is Corey and I'm from Edmonton Canada. I don't have a layout at the moment as my girlfriend and I are living in a duplex condo, but when we build our house together I will be putting in a layout. I have a big collection of Brass HO scale locomotives and a few O-scale components as well. My collection consists mainly of BC Rail locomotives and cabooses, CN, CP and Northern Alberta Railways locomotives.

I also have a growing collection of Diesel locomotive builders plates which I have accumulated through out the year from well known collectors.

Hello everyone and I look forward to meeting you.
Corey

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  7:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corey,

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for the introduction!

jon46
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  12:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is John Bard, I live in Potsdam, NY Just south of Canada. I had a train set as a kid. My Uncle who lived in Brooklyn NY use to build railroad cars and each Christmas I will get another piece for my train set. I am now retired so I have a little time to get back into Model Railroading. I do not have much space so I decided to go with 0n30. My layout will be 7 and 1/2' by 4'. I have DC for now but sometime I would like to go to DCC.
I have a lot of Questions so I hope this is the place to ask. With my 0n30 I believe the buildings will be the same size as 0. correct me if I am not correct. I am also hoping to be able to buy decals of buildings that I can cut out and trace on balsa wood to make buildings.
I am 67 and have a Grandson and one on the way that I hope to get interested into Railroading.

Edited by - jon46 on 09/25/2013 9:44:23 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  3:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Corey and John. Glad you joined us and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves.

George

Seca River Matt
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  4:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name's Matthew Vince, from the UK, and have been trying to get (back) into model railroading for a few years now. Naturally enough, when I was a kid I had a few "OO Scale" layouts (UK-themed), and also tried buiilding an N-Scale one - again UK themed. I've also had a bit of a dabble in the virtual railroading world of 'Microsoft Train Simulator'. Of course nothing stuck - University and Work happened, but now I'm relatively settled in my own place, I'm starting again. I've been a reader of various US books and magazines (and the internet, of course!) for many years now, but if I were to point to one defining image which struck, it's in the October 2009 issue of Trains (at the top of page 33 if you have it!).

Reading more into that particular road's history, and of others in the area, combined with the epic scenery they ran through, all made me remember my old N-Scale bits, stuffed into a drawer. And so now I'm here, committing what some may call heresy - but which I will merely overlook as being a minor technical detail necessitated somewhat by cost and space available. In other words, what I call HOn3o.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  10:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to RRL Corey, John and Matthew. This is a great place to ask questions and get involved. I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts evolve here on RRL!

Mark

possum
New Hire

Posted - 09/28/2013 :  09:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Terry Blakley. I live in Paris, MO. I have always been interested in trains, especially since Santa brought me my first Marx train set when I was 5 years old. I have been actively modeling since I was 12. Right now I don't have a layout, but I am planning on building one this winter. I am planning on modeling a fictional version of the Sedalia, MO to Warsaw, MO line. The prototype line was built in the late 1800's and was absorbed in a few short years into the MoPac. The MoPac ran it as a branch line until just after WWII, and then abandoned it. In my perfect modeling world, MoPac did not absorb it. Instead, another rail line came up from the south from Springfield, MO to connect to it at Warsaw. This will give me interchange with the MoPac and the Katy in Sedalia, and the Frisco in Springfield. I have always been a huge fan of the Katy since my mom grew up along the Katy mainline along the Missouri River, and this will give me an excuse to run some Katy equipment. However, since I don't like using actual town names and then having to try to model the towns exactly as they are, I am changing the names (to protect the innocent!) and I will call my RR the Greeneburg and Northern. I came up with Greeneburg because Springfield is in Greene County. It will be in HO scale and set between 1900 and 1910 era, give or take a couple of years.
I want everyone to know that I have learned more in the past 2 weeks on this forum than I have in all the years I have modeled, and I look forward to following everyone on here!!

Edited by - possum on 09/28/2013 09:17:35 AM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  11:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Terry and thanks for your introduction. Don't be shy! Your plans sound interesting. Don't hesitate to start up your own thread and seek input from some of the great minds on here. I look foward to seeing more from you!

Mark

mike hansen
New Hire

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  3:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Name is Mike Hansen. I'm live in Spanish Fork Utah. USA.
My railroad interest include 1.5" scale 7.5" gauge Live Steam and Diesel and On-3. My live steam Locomotive is a Allen 2-6-0 and the Diesel is SW-7 from Morris Railroad supply. Up until a year ago I worked at Heber Valley Railroad as a locomotive engineer Steam and Diesel locomotives for 20 years.
As for On-30 I'm building a modular layout based on a tropical sugar cane railroad. At some point I will post photos of my live steam and On-30.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  10:30:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mike! We have a few live steam buffs here on the forum so you are in good company. I look forward to seeing pics of some of your equipment.

Mark

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  4:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Mike. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

George

Ross74H
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  06:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ross74H's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello,
My name is Ross Chapman and I live in Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, UK
My railroad is still under construction at the moment, I haven't chosen if I am going to go On30 or HO yet, I have enough stock to do both.
I am planning for it to be based in Pennsylvania and be between 1910-1930 as a shortline or regional railroad with a connection to the PRR who sold off the line in the first place.
I have got enough HO stock to do a modern era shortline as well but then I think doing it that way would mean my trains would have to be far too big for my little layout (its only 60" long!).

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  07:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Ross. We have plenty of members on both sides of the HO-On30 fence, so no matter which way you go you'll be happy here.

George

Jack Erhart
New Hire

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  09:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Where do you live?

Paso Robles, California

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?

To many years to remember, but have started my latest project in the last few months.

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?

We are modeling prototype, but within a different platform than most. We are modeling the Pacific Coast Railway Narrow Gauge in the train simulator program called Trainz. For the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum.

4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?

Our project consist of the entire line from Port Harford to Los Olivos.

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?

Since we are modeling within a train simulation program, it's full scale, and incorporates every mile of the short line.

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?

I am most interested in the 3D modeling, and the research part of finding the information we need to model everything from topo maps to actual drawings of the roster of locomotives and rolling stock. I am not real good at scenery, even within a computer program.

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?

The simulation actually allows for true train control or simplified versions for the general public to interact with the simulator that will be setup at the museum.

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.

Bit off a chunk for this project, so I could use all the help I can find. Anyone?

9) Post your picture - if you dare.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  10:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jack. Since you are into the 3-D stuff, I'm looking forward to learning about some tricks and using it from you. Look forward to seeing some of your postings and thoughts. Thanks for joining us.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000