Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 63 ]  [ Total: 68 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals
Page: of 62

jbolen61
New Hire

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  6:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the kind welcome George. I am looking forward to a lot of fun and good times. Steve

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  7:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sim (real name?) and Steve, welcome to the forums.

As you think, so will you be.

usmcnewdog70
New Hire

Posted - 05/12/2013 :  10:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am Mike from Sandusky, Ohio. My father had an HO train layout when I was young and I have always had an interest. Then when my first son was born he had an obsession with trains, and so started mine again. I model the Pennsylvania RR and Baltimore and Ohio in the 1940's to 1957. I do not model to a strict protype, but I do try to stay prototypical. I took a break of a few years and have just gottten back into it with my kids, my son is 15 now, and he has been helping me clear out fo trains that do not fit. We have also been making purchases that suit him, lol! I use a Digitrax Zephyr set to control everything with a mix of MTH, Soundtraxx, LokSound, and QSI sound. I also use JMRI Decoder Pro to program everything. We just have a 4x8 sheet of plywood that we are going to finish before starting our larger layout. My son has decided that the 4x8 will have half of it has a logging railroad. I will get my steel mill when we start the next layout :)
I am looking forward to catching up on everything I missed in modelrailroading during my break! Mike Schock

Modeling the PRR and B&O in the transition period

Old Dog
New Hire

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  01:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Forum,

1. I live in Phoenix, AZ...
2. Been involved in model RR off and on since as a kid got my first Lionel...
3. Just have fun, she who cooks the meals is the builder and positioning of buildings ect...
4. kinda Southwest, just what strikes our fancy...
5. 4x8 Ho 1ea, N scale 4X5 2ea and a 7 1/2 gauge Midway switcher at Maricopa Live steamers, wife has a Clishay same gauge...
6. Sitting and running trains, I am in a powerchair, can't easily stand for any period of time...
7. Dc and DCC both for home layouts...
8. Just an Old Dog 82 years watching my trains go by...

I am just a chalk line on the side walk waiting for the next rain to wash me off, until that time I am what I am :)

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  07:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Mike & Old Dog; I'm a closet Live Steamer, get the magazine, have the lathe & mill, won't have time to build anything until I retire.

Jock53
New Hire

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm new to the forum - thanks for allowing me to join.
1) I live in Leeds, UK.
2) I've been a model railroader for about 12-15 years - I got started in RR modelling again after my brother-in-law introduced me to it, and then to US RRs after seeing the comparative quality of the models at that time.
3) I freelance my layout, but see 4 below.
4) My layout's very loosely based on the OR-WA border area.
5) I model in HO - the layout goes round the walls of a roughly 20 by 15 double garage. Very much a work in progress.
6) My favorite two parts of the hobby are structure building, and operation. My least favourite is ballasting - isn't it everybody's??
7) DCC control (NCE Powerhouse Pro).
8) I do the design and typesetting for the NMRA British Region's bi-monthly magazine, Roundhouse.
9) "Post your picture - if you dare." Maybe not!

Riley
New Hire

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  9:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Riley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy!
1) I live in Austin, TX.
2) I've been a model railroader for 40 years ever since my older brother built an N scale switching shelf layout and got me hooked.
3) I'm a prototype modeler.
4) My modeling interests are currently the late 1950s around New York Harbor.
5) Layout size about 500sf, and I model HO scale (mostly).
6) Most favorite part of the hobby: operating and designing layouts. Least favorite: wiring.
7) I use DCC.
8) I'm an architect and professor.
9) My mug shot.

Riley Triggs | Port of New York Railroad
http://ponyrr.blogspot.com | http://modelrailroaddesign.blogspot.com

Edited by - Riley on 06/10/2013 9:34:11 PM

patchall
New Hire

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  07:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys
I live in Moody,Al. Just outside of Birmingham. My layout is about 101/2 x 14.Small by most standards but big enough to keep me busy.My favorite part of the hobby is building craftsmen structures and scenery. I switched to DCC three years ago and I am happy I did. My railroad is free lanced in the south with early diesels up to early seventies.I am not particularly interested in prototype railroading but I do a lot of rail fanning and photography around the Birmingham area so I do see it firsthand. I have been modeling off and on for more than forty years and I have learned a lot but I am sure that I need to learn a lot more. I look forward to hearing from members and being a part of the forum.
Thanks
Patchall

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  08:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Patrick, Riley and Jock, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Collin Loo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am from New Jersey. I am not actually into railroad train in any scale, at least not yet . However, I am extremely fascinated by the buildings and structures. I hope I am still qualify to join the forum.

I have been building 1/35 scale armor on and off for a number of years. Would like to learn more about building and weathering craftsman kits. Looking forward to learn more.

Collin

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  7:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Colin, you've come to the right place. Just check in on the Mike Chambers Craftsman Corner or any of the narrow gauge forums and you'll discover many threads on structures, painting and weathering. I bet you'll get hooked no the railroad aspect and there'll be rails on your diorama fairly soon!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  7:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Collin. We have many members whose primary interest is building structures, so you have found a good place to be.

By the way, we have many forum members from New Jersey, including myself.

Again, welcome to the Forum.

Charlie Ricker
New Hire

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  10:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody,

I'm Charlie and I am a brand new member here and looking forward to the interaction with everyone here :-)

Okay, about me:

1) I live just outside Rochester, New York in the town of Greece.
2) I do not currently have a model layout, as life is simply getting in the way of having one right now.
3) If I were to have a layout, it would be a prototype as I just prefer to stick to "real-life" railroads.
4) If/when I am able to build a model railroad or diorama, I would likely re-create something in the Pennsylvania Anthracite coal fields.
5) I would probably have a smaller layout or diorama because of space constraints. I would go with HO scale because it seems to me that the detail is better than N scale, although N scale has come a long way in recent years.
6) Right now, my favorite part of the hobby is seeing the great work that other model railroaders are able to display and share with the others since I don't have my own.
7) I would go with DCC when the time comes because it truly enhances the experience of model railroading.
8) I am a single parent with a fantastic 12 year-old son that happens to have Autism. He brings great joy to my life!
9) I will attempt to post a photo of myself, but cannot promise it will work as I am feeling my way around the forum.

Nice to meet all of you!
Charlie

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlie, welcome to RRL! Thanks for introducing yourself. We can all relate to times in our lives where life has not permitted time to enjoy the hobby. I seem to be going through one of those periods myself right now. But in the meantime, enjoy the forum and all that can be seen here. Look forward to seeing you around!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Charlie, and thanks for introducing yourself to the crew.

Page: of 62 Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 3.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000