Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member
Page: of 62

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  8:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom and Rob, welcome to the RR-Line Forums.

As you think, so will you be.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Tom and Rob. It seems like narrow gauge is becoming more and more popular around here.

George

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  8:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm next, not really next, Paul Godin, been lurking here for a bit in amazement over the talent here. I live in W Mass., still have my original Lionel bug biting set from '64 and it's box. Still a '40's-'50's hi-railer, like building On30 either Rockies or Maine, but anything with wheels is good. Layout is beginning construction, possibly facing a move soon so work is slow,..mostly loco construction, cars. Past prez of PVLS so track and switch construction for live steam is a usual occupation along with building my 2"+ scale K28, her boiler is done and she should become a roller this summer. Discussed track construction in the past with Russ in the On30 Line group, and counting me there are now at least two ex CG flyers on here now. Thanks to letting me in, you all do some amazing work. Gotta go, get back to a chassis that is running in in the other room, things run conventionally here, either power packs or coal, do have some TMCC stashed though.
Best regards,

That's fine, it'll make another trip kid.

Paul

Edited by - ironflyer on 03/28/2013 8:43:29 PM

djacobsen
New Hire

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  10:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Y'all...
I live on Couch Mountain, overlooking scenic Lone Star, Texas. Soon to be moving rail, rolling stock & household goods to southern Missouri.
I've been playing with trains for 57 years. My first trains set was a Marx W/U, second set a Marx/Allstate electric Steam Freight set.
I don't consider myself a modeler, more of a dabbler who loves to get into the ozone OH!Zone, listening to the trains go clickety clack, as they go roundy round.
I run Marx Tin Plate, Marx 3/16th, O&O27(2R&3R), Large Scale & N scale of various manufacturers.
SWMBO is supportive & involved with our trains, she has her own LS Circus Train & a Bashed(Lionel/LGB/B-mann)0-4-0 locomotive & six mini flat's that she's bashing into Fairy car's for her Fairy World short line on the new outdoor layout, when we move.
I run Analog Track Power, a believer in the K.I.S.S. system of doing things.
Will probably never have a magazine feature worthy layout, either indoors or outdoors, just one that I can be
"A Child at Heart, Still Playing with Trains".
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  10:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Paul and Dave. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves.

George

Socialtrader
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  10:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,

I'm Bede from little old New Zealand. I was a train-nut as a child, (even convinced my father to add a room over our garage for an 11x9 layout which I never managed to compete before heading to university!) but have been on an extended break to focus on education, finding a wife and having children! My skills have been kept sharp with scale military models and wargaming, but now that I have a son it is time to return to the world's greatest hobby!

I'm planning a modular railroad based on logging in the Pacific North West (my grandmother is from Staton, Oregon). I want to be able to transport it to shows and also like the idea of being able to pack the layout away when the space is needed for visitors. The focus will be on the modelling rather than the operating, and we'll go from there. With this in mind, I have been preparing the wife for a big purchase of Sierra West kits :)

Thanks for the welcome, and I must say I have been blown away by the great modelling and helpful information that I have found on this forum. Hopefully I can one day contribute something myself, but it might be a few years in the future!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  10:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, Rob, Paul, Dave & Bede,

Welcome to the forum. We appreciate your taking the time to introduce yourselves to the crew.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

David J Buchholz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  11:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A long time coach potato returning to the hobby. I've been collecting boxes for many years and have gotten the nesting urge to actually do something and open a box or two after stumbling across this forum.

I'm into HOn3. Logging and harbors seem to catch my interest best. Thus a stable of five Shays has found my home over the years, including a 2cyl two truck,(A2) 3cyl two truck,(B2) Westside #'s 8 and 10(C3) and a four truck monster (D4)

The other engines are Forney/Bogie types, a tiny Joe works Miniland Bogie,(2-6-4) Forney (2-4-4) and a true Mason Bogie (2-6-4)

Been lurking here for a while, enjoying the magnificent craftsmanship and stealing lots of ideas.
My railroad will likely be Adirondack and Great Lakes themed, giving both harbor and mountain relationships to work with.

I've started on "Buck's Cove" a small 2x4 module to get the skills tunes up again.

Dave Buchholz
Rochester Ny

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 04/13/2013 12:30:00 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  12:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, Dave, Bede and Dave, welcome to the RR-Line forums.

thetrainguru
New Hire

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi im J-C ive been a model railroader since i was 5, im 16 now and i have a freelanced ho scale dc layout in my basement, im happy i found out about this forum at the train expo in ottawa last week. im looking foward to contributing to this forum.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  9:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Bede, Dave and J-C. You are going to enjoy being part of this group of model railroaders.

George

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums JC.

Sim
New Hire

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  10:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I live in Sask Canada and have been modeling on and off for over 30 years . Main interest would be narrow guage I am currently working on a small layout in Hon3
I enjoy most asspects of the hobby scenery seems to be the most fun. My railroad is fictitious in nature and is pre 1936 . I look forward to participating with this group .
I look forward to learning much , thanks for having me

jbolen61
New Hire

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  5:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon,my name is Steve and i live in Wildwood Florida. I have been interested in model railroading since i was a kid so its been about 40 yrs.I was into n scale but do to age constraints i am now going into on/30.I have yet to build my layout but i am going to freelance it. I am going to model a Florida narrow gauge logging railroad so i am still in the research stage. seeing as i am retired contractor my favorite aspect of the hobby is scratch building structures. My least favorite is making trees. So i do not know why i am doing a logging layout lol. My lay out will be dcc. As to the size i do not know yet as i will be building my train room as a seperate building as soon as i finish building my house. But when i get started i will post my progress in a thread. On a last note i would like to say i am glad to be a member of such a great group of talented and informative people. I would post a picture but i do not want scare the young ones lol. Have safe and happy evening Steve.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  6:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Sim and Steve. Glad to see more narrow gaugers joining the crew.

George

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Two Midweek Arrivals Topic Next Topic: vinceg  is now a member  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000