Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Loren Johnsen ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  11:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Lester! West Virginia has some beautiful scenery and some great rail history.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  07:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Scott and Les. Thanks for introducing yourselves.

Les, that's a nice looking engine terminal. How about posting some more pictures of your layout?

George

Lester M Perry III
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there an appropriate place to post pictures? Also is there a way that I can be notified of new posts in a topic I am in?

Les

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, I want to welcome Rick, Ronald, Mike, Eric, Bob, Scott & Wes, and to thank all of you for taking the time make your introductions to the crew.

quote:
Originally posted by Lester M. Perry III

Is there an appropriate place to post pictures? Also is there a way that I can be notified of new posts in a topic I am in?

Les, here is some answers and information that might be helpful.

All the info on how to post pictures directly from your computer to the Forum without using a third-party picture hosting site can be found at this link: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

Where you decide to post your photos depends for the most part on what you are trying to share. For instance, if you want to share progress photos while building a kit, you might post those in the Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner. It it is a scratch build, you might want to post in in the Startin' From Scratch sub-Forum. If you want to document your layout, you could do it in one of the Scale-Specific Sub-Forums (Large Scale, Small Scale, Mid-Scale, HOn30/HOn3, Sn3, On30, etc.) or in the Model Railroad Construction sub-Forum. You have many choices.

Finally, if you want to follow a specific thread, look at the bottome of the page on any page in that thread. You will see a row of 'tabs' that you can click on. The fourth from the left is the one you want. It says "Subscribe to this Topic". That will send you an e-mail notice whenever there is activity in the thread.

I hope that this helps.

Lester M Perry III
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Bruce. I was asked to post more photos and don't know my way around here.

Les

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to all of our newest members.

Lester, unfortunately you won't be able to upload any pictures directly to the forum as things stand right now.
Your user name has a period in it.
When posting pictures, the pictures name as well as your user name can only contain numbers and letters.
If you'd like me or one of the other Admins to remove the period from your name please let us know.
You can however still link to photos in your photobucket account as you've already done but we here have always encouraged members to upload directly to the forum.

As you think, so will you be.

GomezTed
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  3:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

My name is Ted Glass.

I'm a member of the Northern California Narrow Gaugers, modeling in On30. I live in El Dorado County, right next to the Diamond & Caldor Ry. I'm currently modeling a small mine module, and hoping to hook up a dump mechanism to demonstrate mine dump cars to the kiddies at our train shows. Don't know who gets a bigger kick out of seeing the cars dump, the small kids, or the "big kids". Right now I have a crude lever mechanism of wire, like a teeter-todder, it works, but I have to operate it from the front. I hope to have some sort of remote with spring, or??? Anyone with an idea I could use?

Thanks,

GomezTed

Gomez

Modeling along the Diamond & Caldor Rwy

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ted, welcome.
We have a very active On30 forum so you should find lots of things of interest and I hope you join in and show what you're working on too.
Also, stop into the On30 Lounge and join us for a coffee or drink of your choice.

Jeff (Coaltrain) has some self dumping cars on his layout.
About a third of the way down on this page he posted a video of it: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31112&whichpage=26
Go back a few more pages and I think he posted pictures of what he did.

GomezTed
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  5:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Rick.

I've been reading posts here for as long as I've been into On30! J_COOP is a good friend & I finally want to contribute here what I can. There is evidence of some very impressive modeling here. I'll try to get my current dump cars & mine posted on YouTube, and paste a link at an appropriate place and time.

Thanks again!

Gomez

Modeling along the Diamond & Caldor Rwy

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  5:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Ted. I'm looking forward to seeing the video of your car dump.

George

Lester M Perry III
New Hire

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Welcome to all of our newest members.

Lester, unfortunately you won't be able to upload any pictures directly to the forum as things stand right now.
Your user name has a period in it.
When posting pictures, the pictures name as well as your user name can only contain numbers and letters.
If you'd like me or one of the other Admins to remove the period from your name please let us know.
You can however still link to photos in your photobucket account as you've already done but we here have always encouraged members to upload directly to the forum.

Yes go ahead and remove the period. I did try to insert the file but couldn't so I tried the photobucket way and it worked.

Les

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lester M Perry III

Yes go ahead and remove the period. I did try to insert the file but couldn't so I tried the photobucket way and it worked.

Les, I removed the period after your middle initial. You should be fine now.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  12:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings! Long time lurker, first time poster. As my screen name says, I'm Dave and I'm from Arizona. I've been an active model railroader for over 30 years, working in N, HO and now On30. I'm a died-in-the-wool, unrepentant freelancer currently well into my second On30 layout, the Thunder Mesa Mining Co. I guess you'd call it a "mini layout" since it is only 3'x6'. The focus is on spectacular scenery in a southwestern setting. The layout has it's own website which you can view here: http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to learning and sharing here. Thanks for having me.

Dave

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney

http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  1:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dave.
Nice layout and site you've created.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  2:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Dave. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your layout. Very nice work.

George

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000