Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew
Page: of 62

Fulvio Zanda
New Hire

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  04:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ciao Everyone

I'm Fulvio Zanda from Bergamo ( Italy ), 47 years old, I will try to present myself with my bad English ( sorry for it ).
I started with this hobby 5 years ago, clearly with Italian locomotives ( FS railway ) and I have a small layout in H0 scale controlled in DCC.
During the last year increased my interest for USA Railway and especially for logging railways, and during an exhibition in Holland I bought Kadee Caboose kit.
In this forum I saw a fantastic processing of mr. Bob ( thank you for it, Bob ), and I decided to copy and try to do my best.
So I attached my picture step by step, with this processing, for me was really funny to built all the parts.
I attached also a picture of my skeleton cars , staring from a kit that I bought in Australia.

here my pictures, and sorry again for my english

https://picasaweb.google.com/114415257091868296535/LoggindCabooseElaborazioneCabooseKadee?authuser=0&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/114415257091868296535/CarriSkeletonH0?authuser=0&feat=directlink

best regards

Fulvio
www.modellismopavese.com

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  07:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Fulvio. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. As you've probably seen, we have an active group of logging modelers here.

You've done a nice job on the logging cars and I like all those details on your logging caboose.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Fluvio, and thanks for sharing those photos.

I love that little caboose.

tphmike
New Hire

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  07:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is Mike Lee and I live in League City, Texas. I am a retired USCG CWO and I am the Houston office manager for a marine emergency response company. My favorite prototype railroads are the Tonopah and Goldfield, Tonopah and Bullfrog, Tonopah and Tidewater and the Las Vegas and Tonopah Railroads. I also am interested in the Southern Pacific. I am an N Scale model railroader modeling the Tonopah and Goldfield layout which is currently under construction.

I am married to my wonderful Linda and we have four children and five grandchildren. My other hobbies are gardening, reading and photography. I surfed into this forum following a friends post on the Tonopah and Tidewater railroad.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  09:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Mike. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the crew. There are a lot of retirees poking around here, including me. Feel free to jump right in!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  11:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Mike. It's good to get a Coastie as part of our crew. We have retirees from all branches of the service on the RR-Line. I'm retired Army. Thanks for introducing yourself.

George

tphmike
New Hire

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  01:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, George and Bruce. Looking forward to participating on this web site.

raystew
New Hire

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  3:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I am new to this site and I thought that I would take the time to introduce myself to everyone.
My name is Raymond Stewart
1) Where do you live? Jasper GA, currently deployed to Kosovo

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?
33 yrs or since I was old enough to get my hands on the trains with out getting into trouble when I was a child. Got the start due to my dad being a model railroader

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?
I do my own modern day version of the IC of the early 60's only in a HO free lanced version with my own railroad called the MANW. I also have interest in building other models of the SOU, NS, CofG, and all the CSX predecessors except the Chessie side.
I also have a N layout being modeled after the CofG.

4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?
As for the HO, current and no specific place. The N layout is 1950 to June 13 1963, Central of Georgia (CofG or CG)

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?
HO is 11x11 in a figure 8 shape around the walls of the room with a center section, the N is around 3 walls only

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?
All of it for the most part, to me it is all hand in hand.

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?
DC and DCC. in slow process of converting all to DCC

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know. also enjoy real trains and photography as well. currently deployed with the National Guard.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  4:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Raymond. Thanks for taking time to introduce yourself and thank you for your service.

George

boxcarbill
New Hire

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome MIKE,FULVIO,RAY to the group & HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL BOXCARBILL

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  02:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!!!
I'm Carmine (pronounced like the two syllables - Car-Mine!)

I've been in this great hobby a LONG time (not quite an old timer yet!).
I have built layouts in N, HO, 3-rail O, and even dabbled in G!

I am about to embark on the On30 Pacific Belt RR. I'm working in the confines of a 12 X 11 spare bedroom, and doing it in 3' X 3' and 3' X 18" sections (using Woodland Scenics mod-U-rail bench work frames). This will give the option to grow, and easily move when that time comes!

I'm using NCE DCC, no blocks, no exotic circuits. No, this time, I'm concentrating on details and interesting vignettes.
I'll be using mostly Bachmann On30 locos and rolling stock, Peco track, and a more fun outlook!!

My railroad is the Pacific Belt RR, envisioned by me as a kid in 1977! It's a freelance RR in a freelanced land, resembling the Pacific Northwest. No more micro-modeling, no more rivet counting - but I promise something feasable and nice, in my humble opinion!!

I do look forward to gaining info and inspiration from your spectacular layouts!! ;)
Of course I will lend a hand whenever it's needed!

Thank you!!

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  02:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
.....oh, and to add, I live just south of Tucson, AZ for now. Looking towards Wisconsin in a few years. ;-)

I also love working on my 1998 Mustang GT! I enjoy scratch building and kitbashing and scenery most of all aspects of the hobby!

Edited by - Pacbelt on 01/03/2012 02:30:56 AM

djdutch
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  06:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit djdutch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really forgot to introduce myself here, sorry for that,

I am Denny 24 years old and come from the netherlands and almost one year ago modeling come into my live as in a 1:24 peterbilt (still in the box) so now you think what is this guy doing over here well I thought to try some things before I begin to a expensive model like the peterbilt so I had some buildings left from my H0 train layout which is now gone because I have no space for it so I begin to build and looking on the web for som more and found the jordans vehicles and other fine scale kits and thats the way I starting.

gind regards DJ

DJ

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  07:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raymond, Carmine & Denny,

Thanks for introducing yourselves to the rest of the crew, and welcome to the RR-L Forums. We hope that you become active members here.

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  01:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you!! This is an incredible resource for On30, and narrow gauge in general!!

Page: of 62 Previous Topic: Bob Rosenbauer (RobertR) joins the RR Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Gary Hannibal Joins the Crew  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000