Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 97 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals
Page: of 62

Modélico
New Hire

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  6:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posted - 04/15/2011 : 6:49:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody there.
I´m Alberto, from Sevilla, Spain. Yes, I know...that sounds a bit away. I have been a railway modeller for more than 30 years now and now I´m working on my H0 modules.
I love Spanish railways, having an era comprising the 40-60 decades (steam basically)
I have been an NMRA and Layout Design SIG member for some years but due to job reasons I had to give up
As for my modules they will be something simple, just 2 feet wide and some 9 feet long (three modules). It will depict a terminal station and a tiny harbour area. A boat by Artitec will be one of the main stars sharing this role with the station buildings.
Here you are a ample of my modelling.

Modélico
New Hire

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And here you are another view

I hope to learn much from you all, as always.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice modeling, Alberto. Welcome to the Forum.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  12:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Modélico

Posted - 04/15/2011 : 6:49:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto, . .Welcome Aboard, and what a nice change of pace, from trains to boats and water,
and done so excellently. Thanks for sharing your work here.

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 04/16/2011 12:46:19 PM

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  11:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome and that's some really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Modélico
New Hire

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  01:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your comments and... about Allen´s comment..well I´m not sure wether this is is pace change. I like far better model railroading than static modeling because you can do many more things with a trains layout. The depicted landscape may include many more topics. As it will be the case here, you will be able to see a boat an just a foot away a goods shed surrounded by weathered wagons and the railway personnel on heavy work.

By the way..Allen..Somethingto do with the late Jhon Allen?

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  9:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Alberto. Those are terrific looking models.

George

Hack
New Hire

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  5:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,

I'm Marc from Riverside, CA. Although I've been a model railroader since 1965, I had been away from the hobby between '01 and '09. I started in N Scale, and then dabbled in HO in the 1970s and 1980s. After purchasing my granddad's house, and inspired by the work of Tony Koester and Allen McClelland, I set about designing my own home layout - this time, however, in N Scale. Because I lacked direction, but liked coal hauling lines, Tony's and Allen's layout seemed like a perfect fit. It didn't take long, however, until I lost motivation, started my own business, and then put the trains away. That was 10+ years ago.

I never left the field of railroading though. My business centered around creating locomotive and route add-ons for MS Train Simulator, Auran Trainz, and now Railworks. I even did some work for Union Pacific on their conductor simulation program in Cheyenne.

Fast forward to 2009. I already had quite a bit of research on several prototypes under my belt - Union Pacific in Wyoming, Santa Fe and Southern Pacific in California, plus B&O and Clinchfield out east. One day I started to look around the 'net to see what's been happening in the hobby. To say I was bowled-over would be an under statement! New products, outstanding layout photos, operating ideas, etc. A new fire began to burn inside, so I raced out to the shed to dust-off the collection and see what condition it was left. The layout was in sad shape, but I was on a mission, so I started looking for others in my area who might also be into N Scale. Pickin's were slim, but I did find a FreeMoN group here in the Inland Empire, so I decided to get back into the hobby and asked about membership.

This group models So California from the 1950s through today - pretty much whatever western road you got, just go ahead an run it. The scenery is consistent, but you'll find UP turbines sharing thew rails with BNSF Gevos. Makes for interesting run! Since I already liked AT&SF, SP and UP (first gen diesels), I didn't have a problem with equipment or that there was modern stuff next to my PFE reefers. My interest in the club was for social reasons, as well as a conduit for learning more about building and scenery. Not to mention the club uses DCC - a perfect opportunity to get really into the swing of things.

Nevertheless, since my primary and personal interest was in coal hauling lines, I started designing a new layout based on the loop section of the Clinchfield:

And also began working on rebuilding and updating my layout building - an old wood working shop my grandfather used:

Shabby beginnings (basically unchanged sine 1943) and the addition of a new roof:

Removal of old and rotting trees:

Restoration of board and batten siding (with help from my buddy John):

Some appropriate paint for the Clinchfield:

BTW, after my wife spied the new shop color, she just had to have it for the house. So the above is where I left things while I went off to comply with the boss's wishes...

During the house updating and painting, I began to get more interested in the Southern Pacific - specifically, the last few years of steam over the Tehachapi Mountains. So, the Clinchfield plan went by the wayside as I tackled designing an N Scale Tehachapi plan. Still tinkering, and the plan is getting closer to what I'm after. Since the shop somewhat matches the house in gray, I think I'll have a tough time convincing the wife I should use yellow with brown trim and a green roof. That's OK though, as she's turned over the entire shop to me, so the laundry can be moved elsewhere (ie: not in my train room!).

At any rate, please excuse my long-winded post. I'm glad to be here. I have much to learn, and glancing at some of the posts here, it appears I'm in good company.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers!
Marc

Edited by - Hack on 04/20/2011 5:31:54 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  7:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Marc. What size is your layout building? Keep us posted on the progress of your layout.

George

Hack
New Hire

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  8:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi George,

Thanks for the welcome. The shop is L-shaped, 21' x 24'.

Cheers!
Marc

santarosadepots
New Hire

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  10:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Alejandro and I live in Uruguay, South America.
I am modeling Union Pacific, the decade of 60 is what most interests me.
I have a small layout, size is 25 'x 12 '. The track I used is Atlas code 83 in the main line , 75 y 55 in spur and the turnout are number 8 ( main ) and 6 , the radius is 33".I'm using DCC, my controler is a Digitrax.I would like to represent Omaha and Denver, but that is not easy job for someone who lives so far. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of these places

thanks for your welcome

Hack
New Hire

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  08:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alejandro,

Welcome to the forum!

Are you modeling Denver/Omaha by way of Cheyenne? I have plenty of shots of UP in Wyoming (Laramie Sub - Sherman Hill), but I'll look around and see what else I can dig up.

Cheers!
Marc

sedril
New Hire

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  8:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my name is Steve, I live in Ottawa, Ontario.

I have been in the hobby since last October, I got started in the at the local MR101 run by the NMRA.
My railroad is definitely a freelance layout, sitting on an ikea table until further notice.
Right now I am modelling modern Japan.
My layout is 75 by 120 cm at the moment, all in glorious n-scale.
Right now I am using DC, but plan an upgrade once I've got a more permanent layout.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  08:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wayyyyy behind on welcoming our newest members, so I'll just do a big group welcome to everyone.
Glad all of you have decided to sign on and join in.

As you think, so will you be.

tracymckibben
New Hire

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  09:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit tracymckibben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings everybody, new guy coming aboard... My name is Tracy McKibben (the MALE spelling, no "e"!!!). Originally from southeastern Ohio, moved to a Minneapolis suburb 12 years ago.

I've been a train nut since I was a kid, and except for those girls/cars/college years, I've always had some sort of layout to tinker with. I've always been completely freelance, just running/building whatever I felt like. That has changed with my current layout, which is based on a real railroad, in a real town, except in the real world, this railroad and town never came together. The layout is set in late fall/early winter of 1920, in Hill City, Minnesota. In my world, the DM&IR is not just an ore carrier - it is also dabbling in general freight and passenger service, moving goods and people between Hill City and Duluth. I've posted a link to my blog in the "Personal Web Sites" forum, be sure to check it out - lots of photos and how-to's.

Like most of us, I started with HO, at one time having a large layout that filled the basement. When we moved to Minnesota, we bounced from apartment to townhome to rental home before finally purchasing a house. All of that bouncing around, with limited space, led me to try N scale for a few years. Wasn't quite my cup of tea, so I'm back to HO again, and happy.

The current layout is a 3'x10' shelf layout, built as a giant shadowbox. I intend to finish it over the next 3-4 years, by which time my kids should be moved out, and I will have a much larger space in which to build my basement empire. In the meantime, I'm using this smaller layout to hone my skills, learning to scratchbuild, and working towards my NMRA MMR certificate.

Page: of 62 Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000