Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals
Page: of 62

Jack1759
New Hire

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  11:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I always had a christmas layout but started modeling seriously in 1980. I drifted away to armchair railroading around 1999 due to crazy work schedules. I dismantled my Mingo Creek Lines layout in 2000 when I moved to a new home. I am now in the planning phase for my new layout. It is going to be a smaller layout but I will be going for more detail in the structures and the scenery. It will be 6' 6" x 10' around the walls layout with a harbor scene base on the Back Alley and Wharf extension shown in Model Railroader Magazine. I really love scratchbuilding and have begun some of the new structures that I need for the new layout. Right now I am working on the Crawford Notch station. It will be a big challenge to my building skills but I love the architecture and it is just the right size for my layout. If anyone has any information I can use in the build I would appreciate it..I still have a heavy work schedule and do a bit of traveling but I hope to retire next year which will give me plenty of time to enjoy the hobby. In the meantime I hope to keep as active as I cam with the forum.

Thanks Jack

piks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  1:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is piks...and I live on the dark side...

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  2:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piks,

Welcome to the Forum! It looks like you would have enjoyed last month's Photo Gallery Theme.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32613&whichpage=1

piks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  2:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup.

And I like your Buddha quote.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Bob, Richard, Jack and Piks.

Bob and Richard, youíll find a lot of On30 activity here.

George

PRCTrolley
New Hire

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all - Just joined the forum to pickup some ideas. I'm currently living in the Detroit Michigan area but am a native of Pittsburgh PA. My interest is in streetcars and I'm active with the Detroit United Railways (DUR) Club that is a traction group along with Division 6, NCR of the NMRA. I do not have a layout, rather I have HO modules that our DUR group sets up at the local train shows. The modules are mainly functional display but I am working on modifying mine for operations. We are running our streetcars off the overhead with DCC - which has been working just fine.

I enjoy building anything for the railroad, but do have a special fondness for scratch building structures. Guess my least favorite is trackwork - to get a good representation of in street track you need to handlay everything - a tedious job that isn't my strenght.

Howard (PRCTrolley)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  09:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, to the forum, Howard. Where does the DUR club hold its meetings? We have a number of Forum members from Michigan and my wife and I are often out there visiting one of our sons who lives in Milford, MI.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  10:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Howard. Iím also originally from Pittsburgh and have a love for trolleys - thereĎs something about Pittsburgh and trolleys. I donít model them, but appreciate the work of those who do. Iíd like to see some pictures of your modules.

George

myjakjs
New Hire

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  10:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit myjakjs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I'm John Myjak from Middletown,Ct. I have been into railroad models for 60 years. Six years ago I lost interest & sold everything except detail parts & Narrow Gauge Gazettes. What a mistake! Got interested again last summer & have been mostly scratch building. Even made a spincast fixture so I could copy all those details I have. I model in Hon30. Have started a layout 3 x 6 feet in my garage that I can only work on in warm weather. Have included a photo of my currant project.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  12:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome John. Great work on the railcar shed. Don't know if your building the FSM kit or scratching it, but either way it's coming out nicely. Will be looking forward to more pictures of the build. Would also love to see a thread on how you made and use your spincast fixture.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 04/11/2011 12:03:12 PM

PRCTrolley
New Hire

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  1:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Welcome, to the forum, Howard. Where does the DUR club hold its meetings? We have a number of Forum members from Michigan and my wife and I are often out there visiting one of our sons who lives in Milford, MI.

The DUR is a Round Robin - we have members from Toledo to Lapeer and from Mt. Clemens to Howell. So, we never really know where we'll be meeting, but usually it is around the Metro Detroit area which is where most of our memebers live.

slimjerkins
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  3:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Howard! I guess you made it back safe and sound from the Saturday Jamboree.

Hope you enjoyed my clinic. I didn't want to wake you up. You looked too peaceful and i wanted to take a nap too.

-slim (Bill S.)

Chazzlee
New Hire

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  11:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chazzlee here. Live in Freehold, NJ. Was into Lionel as a kid, younger bro had some HO later.

Getting back into hobby now as a geezer because I always loved model RR'ing. Gonna go with all DCC; so far have a Bachmann DCC ATSF Consolidation, an Athearn Genesis UP F7A, and an older DC Bachmann FT ATSF. Only an oval track as of yet, but have a Bachmann EZ Com DCC controller.

Chazzlee

Chazzlee

Edited by - Chazzlee on 04/13/2011 11:43:46 PM

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  12:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Chazzlee and thanks for taking a moment to introduce yourself. Sounds like you may be modeling in HO, so we'll be looking forward to seeing your modeling and the development of your layout.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  2:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, John. Thatís a nice looking building. Iím looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome to the RR-Line, Chazzlee. If youíre going into DCC, youíre catching up with the changes in model railroading over the years. Keep us posted on the progress of your layout.

George

Page: of 62 Topic Next Topic: Tuesdays Arrivals  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000