Railroad Line Forums - Master Creations Coon Gap Sawmill -Help
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 62 ]  [ Newest Member: GNMT76 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Master Creations Coon Gap Sawmill -Help
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: An (Expanding) Summer Kitbash Topic Next Topic: The M-K & Eastern RRīs new building
Page: of 2

RogerRing
New Hire

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently picked up the Master Creations Coon Gap Sawmill at a garage sale unbuilt, missing a couple of pieces, and missing all instructions.

Now I've read that the old instructions were horrible and could drive you insane but I could use some basic interior layout help. I have collected some pictures of finished kits so I can probably get the outsides put together and scratch build the few missing pieces. But I have no clue as to what the inside of the first and second floors look like. Seems like there are some benches and saw equipment etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  1:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Roger, contact Brett at Sierra West, he owns Master Creations He may be able to help you with the missing parts and instructions.

http://www.sierrawestscalemodels.com/index.html

Mark

W,L,&E

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  2:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Roger,

Better myet contact Bill at BTSRR.com, owner of Master Creations.

RogerRing
New Hire

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  2:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark, I've sent Brett an e-mail. Thanks for your quick reply. I'll let everyone know what I find out. By the way this HO scale laser-cut kit is really well done. Great materials and detail. Although I believe its been out of production for 10 years and replaced by another sawmill kit by BTSM.

RogerRing
New Hire

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  3:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Trent, I replied to Mark before I read your post. But now I'm confused, who owns Master Creations? I'll try Bill at BTSRR also.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  5:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rodger,
Bill at BTS.com got at least the detail parts from Master Creations. I'm not sure about the structure line though. Drop him a line, He's a nice guy.

Bob Harris

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  5:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Roger,

Bill at BTSRR.com. Don't be confused.

lostcanyonrr
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  5:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit lostcanyonrr's Homepage  Send lostcanyonrr an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bill at BTS bought Master Creations a few years back. His website is btsrr.com and there's a section of the website telling about it.
I got this kit off my shelf to look over the instructions for something just a couple of weeks ago! If Bill can't get the instructions for you send me an email and we might be able to work something out.

I have heard someone say, "that this kit was the best scratchbuilt kit he ever built" meaning it was one tough kit and/or the instructions weren't that great. All of Bill's kits (the ones he produces now) the instructions are awesome and he's a great guy. He's very helpful!!!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  5:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And BTS released their own version of the sawmill in S scale so they should be well aware of what there is inside.

Frederic Testard

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its not me... never had anything to do with master creations...

brett

RogerRing
New Hire

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  6:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. The Coon Gap Sawmill in S scale and O scale were sold out over at BTSRR.com in 2002. HO scale was last produced in 2000. That's where I got most of my photos of the completed outsides. There were also a couple of photos of the third story showing some benches and tables etc. But I have nothing on the first and second stories. I've got an e-mail into Bill at BTSRR.com and will let the group know what I find out. Thanks again. Roger.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  7:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, my mistake. Sorry I led you in the wrong direction, Roger.

Mark

W,L,&E

rtbaron
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  8:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roger.....hope this helps..Rich

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roger,

The fact about the interior is that it doesn't come with all the internal equipment. That must be provided by another company - whose name escapes me at this moment.

Regards,
Trent

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  9:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is Keystone.

RogerRing
New Hire

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  9:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Thanks Rich, that's the best look I've had at what I'm calling the third floor. And the pics show some of the boiler room also that I needed. I'm now wondering if there is much detail below that third floor level. It would be mostly hidden from view. Thanks again Rich, based on those photos I'll have a good shot at completing the third floor.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: An (Expanding) Summer Kitbash Topic Next Topic: The M-K & Eastern RRīs new building  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000