Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol. 3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: fd ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol. 3
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: DCC in a B-Mann 0-4-0 Porter Topic Next Topic: Test Fire For OPS.
Page: of 100

Ian Hodgkiss
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  5:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ian Hodgkiss's Homepage
Nice small boat there Troels. Now you need to add about three feet to the length and call it TSS Earnslaw and you're cooking!!!!! LOL

This is the cross-harbour ferry then? The bigger ship still to be built is for the LP to go to the big outside world? LOL

You will need a freighter of some sort of course (or three) - after all, you have around sixteen feet of wharf to tie stuff up to. No plans for a roll-on, roll-off logging operation?

On a completely different subject - is there a video in the works to show us how it all looks now from one end to the other? Would love to hear the sound effects (Myst soundtrack notwithstanding) and watch the glorious scenery slide by as we trundle through your magical countryside.

Ian Hodgkiss#8232;
The Steamy Pudding - NG in 1:24 scale (in progress)
Frog Halt - NG in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
East of the Wanganui River, south of Hokitika - NG logging in 1:43 scale (planned)#8232;
Brisbane, Australia

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  5:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kirk
snip ..

then a quick round in Paintshop Pro (cropping, curves/histogram adjustment, size reduction and unsharp mask.

.. snip

Hmm. I use PSP too. My fav 'round' is .. Adjust -> One Step Photo Fix, Brightness and Contrast -> Clarify. I use PSP XI. I paid for PSP X3 but I like the earlier version better .. so far at last. Was curious about the lighting as there was a discussion on that subject on the Yahoo P48_modeler group.

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile
Troels,

What? Volume 3? I come here expecting to enjoy pics of a finished layout and all I get is a bit of a boat!! Come on, you're like one of those authors that just goes on and on and can never get to the point. Like Tolkien for instance. ... Oh yea, he was pretty good too, wasn't he. Ok, never mind. Carry on.

Gregg

P.S. By the way, your boat is looking really nice!! I'm learning much. Thanks

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  6:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage
Surely there's a place for this ad! Published 1909 .. Swedish Iron! :)

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
Cool boat, what size is it ?

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  7:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Troels, well with the launching of vol.3 it seems only fitting to be also launching your new ship! Your new steamer looks great, can't wait to see her finished.

Greg Shinnie

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  7:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage
The Boat - I want one, I want one! The problem with your increadible modeling is that you keep coming up with ideas I want to try to recreate for my layout. Looks like another project to sidetrack me along with the other projects I have to sidetrack me. Great job!
Scott

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  9:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message
ive been away for a bit, and as always your layout is amazing.............

keep posting them great pics

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  10:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on a new volume Troels, the layout continues to inspire.

I'm looking forward to the boats evolution, a terrific start so far.

Karl.A

Oh_Mr_Porter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  04:55:21 AM  Show Profile
Troels, congratulations on reaching Volume 3, and now almost page 3 of that! You're moving on quicker than I can keep up with, and I just have to read it .

And then to top it all you have the created that amazing boat in a matter of hours to a level that for most of us would take weeks.

Truely outstanding!!!

Ian

"The next train's gone"

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  3:56:59 PM  Show Profile
Today I've had the opportunity to work some more on the steamboat... boatbuilding definately is a time-consuming passtime! The two decks have had the underside framing done, the lower deck is now glued in place. A wheelhouse is underway, and a little more paint here and there... I'm waiting for some ordered fittings to arrive...

BTW: Grtz... the boat is 40 cms/ 63 scale feet long...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Edited by - kirk on 08/21/2010 4:03:36 PM

kathymillatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  4:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit kathymillatt's Homepage
Troels

Looking really sweet. I love the lines - they have a gorgeous sweep. What's the water it is sat on? It seems like a slightly rippled sea - very subtley done.

I took your print to the framers today and have chosen a driftwood-grey frame to match. Can't wait for it to come back in a week or so.

Kathy

www.kathymillatt.co.uk

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  4:29:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kathymillatt

Troels

Looking really sweet. I love the lines - they have a gorgeous sweep. What's the water it is sat on? It seems like a slightly rippled sea - very subtley done.

I took your print to the framers today and have chosen a driftwood-grey frame to match. Can't wait for it to come back in a week or so.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy! The "water" is my black oak kitchen table actually The wife being away I'm dogsitting in the big house (you just don't bring a very happy great dane into a layout room....)

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

kathymillatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  4:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit kathymillatt's Homepage
Great Dane/Layout Room - hmmmm definitely not!

At least you know what makes a good stand in for water when you're desperate - black oak tables :)

Kathy

www.kathymillatt.co.uk

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  3:35:45 PM  Show Profile
More boatbuilding... I have named the steamboat the "Nolan" to honour a great modeler... Like me he was a fan of eyeballing things...

The boat is now assembled, roughly detailed and painted. It will need the lifeboat and davits (when/if they arrive soon...), more people onboard, benches, navigation lights etc... A good weathering is also due...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: DCC in a B-Mann 0-4-0 Porter Topic Next Topic: Test Fire For OPS.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000