Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol. 3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol. 3
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: DCC in a B-Mann 0-4-0 Porter Topic Next Topic: Test Fire For OPS.
Page: of 100

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  4:03:12 PM  Show Profile
First posting! A brand new, unblemished thread, soon to be blemished

I've been working on the passenger steamer again... a really slow process compared to the square structures... Just roughing in the lower deck to get the main features in place before the first painting session. I have cut the second deck too, but will have to finish most of first before that is installed. Today I also ordered a few fittings (lifeboat, davits, navigation lights, ships dog)for this build.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  4:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage
Hi Troels,
I haven't been saying much but have been following your build with much interest, and will continue to do so. Great work all around! And nice looking boat you've got started.

-Cody

kathymillatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  4:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit kathymillatt's Homepage
Wow! It was only yesterday that you started it!

Congratulations on 200 pages! Here's to another 100.

What's the superstructure made of? It looks like black card.

Kathy

www.kathymillatt.co.uk

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  4:17:26 PM  Show Profile
That "super glue" must make ya move fast!!!! ;-)
great start on the steamer Troels......

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  4:42:48 PM  Show Profile
OK... how did you prime the foam to get the white hull to come out so well?

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  5:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, the superstructure is black museum quality matte board, free offcuts from my framer. Warps little and cuts easily.

KP, I smeared the foam hull with spackle compound yesterday, and gave it a soft sanding today... what you see is just the spackle, ready for paint.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Ian Hodgkiss
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  5:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ian Hodgkiss's Homepage
It doesn't look anything like TSS Earnslaw!!!!! LOL

I don't expect any layout I post on a forum to ever reach 200+ pages - so congratulations and thanks for letting us look over your shoulder while you build. Looking forward to another 200+ pages. At this rate of progress, you will be completely finished by the middle of next year and then you can sit back and relax while you detail it all.

Ian Hodgkiss#8232;
The Steamy Pudding - NG in 1:24 scale (in progress)
Frog Halt - NG in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
East of the Wanganui River, south of Hokitika - NG logging in 1:43 scale (planned)#8232;
Brisbane, Australia

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  5:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message
Very nice. You are the MacGyver of modelbuilding. A toothpick, a string, a dab of white glue and some cardboard and you have a museum-quality model!

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Troels

Nice way to start page 201. Just such an excellent thread to follow.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

OregonOn30
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Troels

Nice looking steamer....fine photo to start the new pages. Looking forward to your finishing it tonight sometime! :O)

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  7:18:26 PM  Show Profile
A great first page for vol. 3, Troels. This ship should be very nice. Will you have a crowd of passengers stare at the wharf?

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  7:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Troels, congratulations on volume 3, I hope you have many more pages of great work.
The little steamer is coming along quite nicely, it will look great tied up at the wharf taking on passengers.

Mark

W,L,&E

Locoman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  10:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Troels, what a coooool looking boat. Congratulations on your new volume.

TheWeaver
New Hire

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  11:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Troels, I subscribed to this thread on page 101, went back and read 1-100 and what a thrill it has been to follow your progress. The "train ride" was fantastic. I continue to be amazed at your modeling and photographic skills. I also thank you for taking the time to answer the questions and fill in the details, I've learned and implemented so much. I'm new to the structure part of the hobby and I must say you have been a great inspiration. I'm looking forward to another 100 pages.

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  11:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage
I'm sure this has been asked before .. and answered but .. what are you using for lighting? The photographs always come out looking so good .. so how much of that is due (ignoring the modeling itself) to the lighting, the camera/lens/setup, post-photographic processing or combination of all three?

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  3:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Ed, I use only the permanently installed fluorescents for photo lighting, a highly beloved Sony R1 which has one of the sharpest known 24 mm (equivalent) wideangle in the low end of it's zoom range, always on a heavy tripod at f16, then a quick round in Paintshop Pro (cropping, curves/histogram adjustment, size reduction and unsharp mask.

Tonight the steamer has received more paint, a couple of dorade vents (for Leo ), scuppers and railing, even a passenger... I just mocked up the two decks to see how things will work out.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: DCC in a B-Mann 0-4-0 Porter Topic Next Topic: Test Fire For OPS.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000