Railroad Line Forums - Marty's wharf, first steps into this scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 265 ]  [ Total: 269 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Marty's wharf, first steps into this scale
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: kitwood hill 9 turn table Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway
Page: of 85

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  6:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Your last progress have been fantastic, Marty, and this last shot picturing your rocks shows haw well you've mastered the technique. Congrats!

Thanks Frederic, missed your post by doin this picture posting, stole it a bit from Troels...really having fun with this foil mould

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  6:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I won't Bob, gonna finish some benchwork so I can attach at last a decent backdrop. Foolin around a bit with these peco templates to lay out a decent trackplan. In the meantime I;m gonna finish the wharf as it has to be on an exhibition in 2012....greenery trees details..that's an awfull lotta work...

Locoman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  06:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!, you are really moving along Marin.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  4:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So a lot of you asked for the aluminium foil rock thingy. So I did take pictures of every step done so far..
Attached a thin strip of HPL between the two rock sides

preparation for the foil mould,ordinary household aluminium foil

wrinkle it in shape..

in the meantime prepared some plaster, ordinairy wall stuff not familiar with US brands but I use the real cheap stuff (for he first time today, 8,45 euros for 20kg)

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry hit the wrong button, plaster made

this plaster needs to drink for a short time, nice to do the wrinkeling after preparation before mixing
Dith the mixed plaster on the foil

let it dry for a short time untill it stiffens a bit, then ditch it against the plasterbandage

because the plaster isn't hardened at this point you still can shape it a bit....
That's it for now, takes time to dry.....

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  7:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After must do visits today there wasometime for modeling, almost done with plaster'n'stuff

still a few small gaps to fill

tomorrow another day to remove silver ore and plastering small gaps, takes this plaster a day to dry...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  7:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Slow drying plaster gives spare time to build windows'n'doors
5 windows drawn for the red structure of M. Chambers and taped down the cuttin mat

5 pieces of plastic gut out wit appr. 1/4th oversize, and taped down too

stripwood 2x4 cut'n'stained

cut to size and glued down

more stripwood 1x2

cut'n'glued

closer look

more stripwood 2x4 for outer framing

and glued in place, use acc on the plastic plain woodglue for wood on wood..

finaly wit some 2x6 attached around the outerframe they look like this..

thats all for today...

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  9:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, very nice looking windows.
I've scratch built windows before and you made it look easy when I know it's not.

Dustymalaymann
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  04:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Dustymalaymann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marty thats 2 techniques of yours I will try, keep the instructions & build posts coming, I cant wait for the next one, and you are making fantastic progress on the layout
Keith Miller

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  04:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Martin, very nice looking windows.
I've scratch built windows before and you made it look easy when I know it's not.

Thanks Rick, in my opinion is the hardest part the glueing, espacialy after the traditional boozin on the 24th. Got a hard time keeping my hands steady

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  04:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dustymalaymann

Marty thats 2 techniques of yours I will try, keep the instructions & build posts coming, I cant wait for the next one, and you are making fantastic progress on the layout
Keith Miller

Thanks Keith, if I can find a decend camera I will, D60 broke down yesterday

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  07:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Show Marty....thanks for the instructions
on the plaster work....Interested to know if
the twin Forneys arrived safely, and did you test
run them.....
Bill

Dustymalaymann
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  07:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Dustymalaymann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marty, I feel for you. You & the camera were taking some realy good photos.
Keith Miller

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  08:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geezer

Good Show Marty....thanks for the instructions
on the plaster work....Interested to know if
the twin Forneys arrived safely, and did you test
run them.....
Bill

Hi Bill, he twin forneys arrived safe and without customs trouble, but my cuz had planned a lot last week meeting up with old friends. His wife arrives also tomorrow, so I made the appointment to pick'm up tomorrow, catch up a little wiith his wife too, having some coffee..
Do a testrun on tuesday...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  08:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dustymalaymann

Marty, I feel for you. You & the camera were taking some realy good photos.
Keith Miller

Thanks Keith, gonna bring it to the shop for repair tomorrow, hopefully it isn't gonna cost, otherwise I have to order my digitrax DCC stuff a little later....

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: kitwood hill 9 turn table Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000