Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 206 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Instructions for Backwoods Miniatures Turntable Topic Next Topic: Quick Question: Bmann 4-6-0 min radius
Page: of 86

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  8:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I enjoyed your comments. I should say that after I decided on the name Hope I did a internet search and found that 47 states have a town by that name. The one that worked best is on Fox Island Off the coast from Tacoma Wash. It fit the area I am modeling but is entirely fictional.

Larry there is no Mayor because there is no local government, people just use common sense and respect one another. For the same reason there is no police dept. Again this is also entirely fictional.

Larryc I have been building models of one kind or another for 67 years now. It is just something I have always enjoyed. I do see lots of good ideas from some great modelers
on the forums and will try many of them in hopes of improving. I also hope I am able to inspire someone to try something new.

Again thank you all. Roland

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2020 :  06:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roland, your work is stunning. You have captured the essence of a small town and your modeling sets a high standard for us all.

mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2020 :  07:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding modeling!!!

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2020 :  9:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike and Tyson. Thanks for checking in and commenting.

Roland

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/14/2020 :  10:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW, I love the layout Roland. I haven't been very active on the forum for a couple of years(because I couldn't post and felt guilty about someone else posting for me). As luck would have it one of my best friends showed me how to post, and he ain't even a railroader. Now that I'm posting and checkin' out other peoples fine work, I decided to go back and check out all the shots of your layout, and quite a few shots of your project builds; you've got quite a few of those also. Anyways, I'm really impressed. Your attention to fine details is marvelous. Keep on strokin'...Kyle

Page: of 86 Previous Topic: Instructions for Backwoods Miniatures Turntable Topic Next Topic: Quick Question: Bmann 4-6-0 min radius  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000