Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: Replacing Gears How To - Bachmann Railtruck
Page: of 73

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/02/2017 :  5:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice modeling. Thank you for sharing.
ed

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2017 :  6:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, Glad the move went well, I will have to find your new place. The caboose on the log skids is really nice, I might borrow that one.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, First I must say how sorry I am for not thanking you all for your reply to my previous photos. I thought I had, getting to old. Larry, borrow anything you want. I am in the process of borrowing a whole kit. Jerry the room is a little bigger, but Mrs Hopeless needed access to the closet so the layout is the same size.

The kit I am "borrowing" is O'neals from SW. It looks like a great kit but to much money for me. I had to shrink it a little and am only using 2 buildings

Roland

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  12:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to see the Westport River Lumber Co back in operation. Off to a great start, I see. How did you do the paint on the taller building? I like how it turned out

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  12:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agreed, well done Roland. The peeling paint looks great!

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  12:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice done

Frank The Cowboybilly

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  3:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Roland just like I thought beautiful work.

Nice job on that peeling paint. Who's roof shingles are you using or are they scratch??

Looking forward to your next post.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  5:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, Very well done. O'Neills has great popularity among Sierra West fans. Possible because it is available in HO and O scale.
Also the incredible casting that are part of the kits make it a quite a bargain.
ed

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  6:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you're getting the wind back in your sails, Roland.

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  8:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to yet another masterpiece in a 'small' room.
Any chance of a track plan? Even one done with finger painting will do. I want to know all about aisle widths, radius etc etc etc. You see if you can do it then it's good reason to blame you when mine goes wrong!!

bruce

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  9:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, Glad the move went smooth and your modeling again.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I did not mention that the buildings will have something to do with wood products so cut lumber from the saw mill will have another place to be shipped to. I do not plan to do any interior detailing on this one.

Michael, The paint is very simple. After A&I I use an old stiff brush and dab the paint on. I think it is called stippling. After I use chalks, light gray to tone down the white then black and brown along the bottom.

Jerry, The shingles are Paper Creek. After they went closed down I saved what I have and make copies. The only thing is I have to cut them out which takes a while.

Bruce, There is a plan on page 3 that is as close to finger painting you can get. There was never a plan other than to figure where I wanted to put buildings served by the railroad. Then I put the track down to get there. One aisle is 18 inches wide the other is 3 feet because my workbench is under the layout.

Roland

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  10:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roland, thank you. Iím sure to have a stiff brush hanging around somewhere.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update to show where I am. Also playing around with a few details to see if I like them. Of course Geezer is offering his advice as well. I should mention that all the windows are HO.

Roland

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VERY nice work!

Page: of 73 Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: Replacing Gears How To - Bachmann Railtruck  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000