Railroad Line Forums - The Chambers Challenge - Final Pictures
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 The Chambers Challenge - Final Pictures
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Heres The Beef: The E. L. & P. Meat Corp Topic Next Topic: looking for printable stuff  

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  09:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This thread is to be used for 3 to 5 pictures of your finished project from the Chambers Challenge.

This thread will remain a permanent sticky and unlocked as our tribute to Mike Chambers who has over the years helped so many of us improve their modeling.

If you have already got a finished item built as a tribute to Mike (such as John's (Bbags) 'Chambers Seadoo') then 3 to 5 pictures of those projects are also welcome here.

A short comment by the builder would also be welcomed along with the final pictures,
Please post all other comments and replies in the Challenge Thread.

The construction thread can be found here:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29307

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  5:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As requested by Karl I a posting pictures of a structure I built back in 2004 which is my tribute to Mike.

This was done for Challenge 2 which was the second in a series of Challenges created by Mike.

Chamber's Marine
The billboard was made from a real picture of Mike and his SeaDoo that he posted here on the forum many years ago.

This is the location where it resides on the layout.
Eventually there will be some shrubs and green grass under the windows.

Please all remember that this thread is only for pictures and any comments added will be removed.
Thanks for understanding.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  11:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Mike for the improved modeling, friendship, encouragement and the contributions you have made to our hobby. You will always be remembered via this wonderful web site for all of us to share our creations.

I have built this Rusty Stumps Scale Models kit to honor Mike, his pre-production work on kits and his strong relationship with Walt Gillespie, owner of Rusty Stumps Scale Models.

My version of this build is detailed on pages 14 to 21 of the Rusty Stumps' – Reed & DeYoung Tobacconists Shop located at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22969&whichpage=14 .

May you find only clear blue skies Mike.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 05/21/2010 12:07:36 PM

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If not for Mike's encouragement and inspiration I would never have taken on a build like this. You can follow my build on pages 16 - 23 of the
Rusty Stumps' – Reed & DeYoung Tobacconists Shop located at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22969&whichpage=16
I've named the business "Chamber's Touch of the Ozarks".
I will post some other pictures on the challenge thread.

Dave

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear"

Edited by - mainetrains on 06/08/2010 06:21:57 AM

Jan Kirkwood
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  12:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked this morning at all the houses I have made, this one to remember MikeC is the best I have done. This is not to say it is good, or anywhere close to the level of everyone else on this forum, but it is better than the ones I did before looking at your work and reading Mike's instructions. Thanks Mike

Jan

Edited by - Jan Kirkwood on 07/22/2010 5:54:21 PM

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  11:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Chambers Mine.

The mini-diorama shown here is still going to get some final touch-ups, but due to the closing of the challenge, the pictures are being posted now.

Without Mike’s strong encouragement the build thread in which this structure set was constructed would not exist. The detailed description thread of the build was in progress during the ’09 National Narrow Gauge Convention when I spoke with Mike in person and informed him that I was going to drop my documentation of the build due to what I believed was little interest. His response, in body language and words, kept this project alive on the forum. Due to the continued work on the project, I have garnered the most important aspect of this forum, the friendship of the many modelers who share this forum. This forum, and friendships made, is a great gift which Mike created for us all.

Thank you Mike!

Additional pictures and a medium sized novel on how this structure set was created can be found at:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25712&whichpage=1

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 06/30/2010 3:18:38 PM

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  1:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My tribute to MikeC.

Thanks for spending some time with us Mike. Your presence in our lives will be missed.

In memory of Mike Chambers

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  1:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike always had encouraging words & kind remarks for everyone!
I remember Mike sending me PM's asking about parts that I used in one of my very first builds that I conducted on this forum.
So I thought this parts store inspired by a Walker Evans photo taken in the 1930's, would be a very fitting project to take on as a tribute to him.
This project also included a very nice surprise for me, and one that Mike would have very much enjoyed himself.
Dallas Mallerich, was so very kind in offering his skills & talents.
When it came to crafting & painting the 2 ladies that you could see in the original photo, that I had left out.
Dallas even gave the girls names Polly & Vera and it was such a pleasure for me to watch them come to life!
Dallas even included a step by step lesson in the making of these 2 figures, so that we could learn how to do so for ourselves.
Located here http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31508&whichpage=3
This spirit of co-operation & helping one another is something Mike would have been very proud of!
Thanks Mike! For helping to foster this great place, that helps bring like minded people together!
I now present my tribute to Mike Chambers, "Chambers Parts store".

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 06/04/2012 9:43:07 PM

Previous Topic: Heres The Beef: The E. L. & P. Meat Corp Topic Next Topic: looking for printable stuff  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000