Railroad Line Forums - 2010 Interchange Sightings!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: Rossyuk ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Interchange Tracks
 2010 Interchange Sightings!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: WATTSUPP WITH DA 2011 INTERCHANGE? Topic Next Topic: 2010 HO Scale Interchange Program - First Call!!
Page: of 27

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, the layout is looking great. Nice shots! Time to get the camera out and get this months photos up before the end of the month.

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  3:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon and Dave,,
Dave, Noticed the B&O car came with a filled out CCWB for multiple stops were you looking for us to fill out the trip for each layouts location?
J

Cheers!, Joe

Edited by - dnhman on 06/16/2010 3:51:56 PM

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  01:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good looking layout Joe. Loved the B&O car shots on the D&H.

I also make up a CCWB for each RRLF interchange car when it comes to my railroad. That is what car forwarding system I and all the other railroads in the area use. Each car gets routed to the destination and then off the layout via the interchange. The CCWB is sent with each car I send out (and apparently Simon and Dave to) so folks can route it across the railroads that use a CCWB system. It's more for telling a story of where the cars have been and to what industry they have stopped at while on their journeys across the country.

Bill Shanaman
Superintendent, Chief Track Cleaner,
New Haven RR in the 1948 to 1952 era
PMRA President 2014-15, OpSIG Member
NCE User Since 1999
Sugar City, Colorado

lazerman
Fireman

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  01:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit lazerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,well lockheed is keeping me busy with 60 hr work weeks... anyway the Maine lobster car has been sitting in the yard for 2 days now and is clear to unload, looking forward to sinking my teeth into them lobsters,mmmmmmmmm, hooking her up tonite and heading to the main depot so the dinner in town can have them ready for the feast.

http://www.lazerrailways.com

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  08:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey John, I hope there was plenty of ice settin on them lobsters!! Two days in the sun down south would really take its toll sittin in a box in the middle of a freight yard!! Just saying!!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

lazerman
Fireman

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  2:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just had to bust my bubble didnt you , hahaha, got ice. yea but the RR is northern based so its nice and cool there... sealed in dry ice they are just fine lololol.

mgsrailway
New Hire

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  2:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnhman

Thanks Simon and Dave,,
Dave, Noticed the B&O car came with a filled out CCWB for multiple stops were you looking for us to fill out the trip for each layouts location?
J

I put an empty waybill in there for just that purpose. It's kinda neat to look at when the car gets back to home rails. Also, I can use the destinations on the waybill on my layout to route cars. It adds quite a bit to the mystery of "where is that car headed next"!

Dave

OpSIG Mid-Central Region Coordinator

http://www.OPSIG.org

73 de KC8UDL

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  1:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The B&O box car has left virtual NY and actual central NJ for parts south,,

Cheers!, Joe

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  03:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
June 1952. New Haven RR train NX28 is getting ready to depart New Britain yard. George Jones is today's engineer, Frank Smoot is the fireman, Bill Schaffer is the head brakeman, Allen Purdy the rear brakeman and Joe McFadyen is today's conductor. The power for today's short train is a Fairbanks-Morse H15-44 number 594. She had been involved in a slight accident the day before with a sideswipe from a switch engineer that was in a hurry with a loaded boxcar. You can see the handrail damage on the fireman's side. He got a week off. George pulls back on the throttle and FM diesel engine comes to life. George prefers these engines as they remind him of his submarine days on the USS Drum during WWII and the opposed piston engine has a certain soothing music to him. NX28 is headed for the wye at Berlin, CT to head south the Old Saybrook then to Essex and the south end of the Valley line.

At Newington NX28 is heading south and passes the old steel mill. New life is being breathed into this old mill as they are contracted to provide the I beams for the bridges of the new Connecticut Turnpike. Berlin Bridge and Iron Co. has the contract for the bridges and Silas Dean Steel has a sub contract with them to provide the steel for the bridges.

Here we see a Blue Coal car passing the Swift meats storage house south of Newington. The 1.99 percent grade is coming up and George will need all 1600 horses for the climb up the two mile grade to Old Saybrook Junction. (Saybrook Junction on the timetable)

594 takes the east side of the wye at Saybrook Junction and heads north up the Valley branch to Essex. That will be the first stop on today's trip. Across the track is a 'pagoda' style New Haven brick tower.

Arriving at Essex the train slows to let the rear brakeman Allen off the caboose and operate the switches at the south end of town. George will have to do a runaround move to shove the cars into Burdock Coal Company. So bill the head brakeman will stay with the engine to throw the switches on the north end of town. The O&W car sits in front of the Essex freight house on the main. George will back down the siding to couple onto the rear of the train.

The first order of business today is to remove the two coal and one tank car from Burdock's to make room for the two hoppers on today's train. The tank car will be spotted back. George eases back with the two hoppers past a Saybrook Northern 40 ft boxcar that is spotted at the Pratt & Reed Co. Pratt & Reed have been providing fine piano keys for Steinway & Sons since before the turn of the century.

The O&W car has finally reached it's destination at Burdock's. George and crew put NX28 back together and head north up the valley branch to Middletown where they will go to beans and return to New Britain later in the afternoon. All part of a good day on the New Haven Railroad.

Bill Shanaman
NCE User Since 1999
Sugar City, Colorado

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  08:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

That's a nice series of shots of the O&W car.

I will try to get shots of my visiting car up this weekend.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  2:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mainetrains's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures and story Bill.
Word around the Valley this afternoon is that the GRTZ hopper is getting ready to leave the Valley in a day or two. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of it on it's last trip through the Valley.

Dave

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear"

Check out the Hard Knox Valley Railroad at -
http://www.mainetrains.webs.com/

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job, Bill!

Love the pix!

Pete
in Michigan

lazerman
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  9:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let the feast begin,lol well here are the pics of the maine lobster car ,sorry guys guy im slacking this month,well getting back to 40 hours again this being my 1st sat off in 3 months, took some pics of the car today.

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  02:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

Nice job, Bill!

Love the pix!

Pete
in Michigan

I thought you might like that Pete.

Believe me when I say the last time you saw the Saybrook Norther car you did for me it was at the same siding. It hasn't been there all this time. It has gone to a couple other industries. It is back to the #1 side of the waybill.

Bill Shanaman
NCE User Since 1999
Sugar City, Colorado

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  02:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
John,

How are you going to get the switcher out? Or are they waiting for their pick of the lobster while it is being unloaded. Pretty sly devils these railroad men.

Bill Shanaman
NCE User Since 1999
Sugar City, Colorado

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: WATTSUPP WITH DA 2011 INTERCHANGE? Topic Next Topic: 2010 HO Scale Interchange Program - First Call!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000