Railroad Line Forums - Butcher's Way at Highway 20 (an FSM Kit-bash)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 87 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Butcher's Way at Highway 20 (an FSM Kit-bash)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sierra West Logging Camp diorama Topic Next Topic: Built-rite Models
Page: of 8

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by postalkarl

Hi Gregg:

I concur just outstanding. I especially like the old barn and cow pens.

Karl S.

Thanks Karl. We should complement George Sellios for the pens, for they are built from the Butcher's Way kit templates, extended around back and to the right side.

The barn is a different story, having been built from pictures I took of the prototype I found on a New York country road.

Credit Jim for this wonderful scratch built barn. He really did not leave much for me to do on this one..

Just a wonderful job by Jim.

Gregg

maandg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit maandg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Gregg!!! Outstanding modeling in all regards! The composition of the scene is so realistic. That barn is one of the most impressive scratchbuilds I've ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational work!

Cliff Powers
The Mississippi Alabama & Gulf
Please visit my layout website at
www.magnoliaroute.com

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mabloodhound

A really nice job on "the barn". I've been waiting for that model since you posted the photos.
And the entire diorama with your storyline is perfect.

Thanks Dave. Ever since finding "the barn", I have been looking for the right opportunity to fit it into a scene. This it the place where it belongs.

Gregg

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg and Jim,

Bravo, Bravo!!! Another standing ovation for a very creative use of structure kits reworked to fit a more western theme. You guys continue to amaze as always. As already pointed out, now it will take a while for all this to sink in and for us to begin to see this kit in a totally new way as you have done. As always thanks for sharing your creativity, story line and wonderful photos. Can't ever get enough of your photos. If possible could you do a feature photo shoot of the custom built barn and stock pens with a few overhead shots and even possibly share some photos of the prototype barn or plan you worked from?

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  9:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg & Jim

Just another outdtanding build by you guys. Gregg thanks for the pictures.
It's always great to see a new addition by you guys.

Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again!!!

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PortEmerson
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  9:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not much else to say but... !!!

Joe

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  01:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic modelling as always from the 'dynamic duo'..... also incredible 'out of the (kit) box' thinking and very creative imagination to bring a very believable and familiar scene to life.
The barn is a masterpiece, though equalled by the rest of the diorama. Wonderful and inspirational work by you both. I look forward to seeing the many pics as this thread progresses.

Karl.A

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  06:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just fantastic!!!!!

Dave

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear"

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  07:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg
I know I've been there. What a tremendous diorama. In my travels, I've seen so many small rural towns that you have handsomely captured.
Peter

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can remember small towns like that all over in my travels, you've truly captured a slice of reality. It will be saved among my inspiration files as I have two similar areas on my layout that needs something just like that.

Wow!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

artvdw
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  1:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are something else. Just as good as the build is the story that goes along with it. Thanks for the memories.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  5:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've done it again, Gregg. What a great, imaginative, rendition of this kit. Not only is the modelling remarkable, but it's wonderful to dare - and even : think of - modify such a kit. The final result is tremendous.
I love the way you keep adding more pictures to your answers, it contributes to make your topics quite unique.

akimmons
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send akimmons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gregg and Jim,
More outstanding work. Simply awesome!

Arnold Kimmons
General Manager
Royal and Edisto Railroad

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49360

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  8:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peterpools

Gregg
A true gem! Breathtaking work. Need to wait unti tomorrow to soak in all the photos on my laptop. Right now, I'm just amazed at what you have done, while carefully studying each one on the iPhone screen.
Peter

So Peter, your scanning RR Forum pics on your iPhone!! Oh my, have I fallen behind in technology. Thanks and glad you like the pics. Here is one of those "walking down the road" view shots to enjoy.

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  9:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chooch41

I'm speechless. Great job!

Thanks. Here's a shot of the backside of the Auto Repair shop.

Gregg

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Sierra West Logging Camp diorama Topic Next Topic: Built-rite Models  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000