Railroad Line Forums - A Three Year Summary........
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 A Three Year Summary........
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday T-boomer breakfast.
Page: of 3

jknapp
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl.....I can only reiterate what's been said! Excellent work. You can see your modeling just get better and better. You've definitely become one of my favorite modelers to follow. Keep on posting!!!

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  09:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite a body of work - congrats

Elliott

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  2:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you again for the encouraging replies, they are very appreciated and help to make the forum very pleasurable and rewarding. I'm looking forward to sharing with and learning more from you all and improving my modeling in the future.

Karl.A

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl:

Thanks for all the great photos of your builds. I enjoyed them a lot.

Karl S.

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl. That's it? Over 1000 days gone by and this is all we get? Been sitting on your thumbs or what? It's about time you got busy!!

Now, normally, one views their historic efforts at the time of retirement or as supporting evidence for obtaining professional recognition. I'm sure Mike C. will be sending your "certification" documents shortly. I can just imagine what this special recognition award would look like.

Seriously Karl, thanks for sharing your body of work in this fashion. I missed many of these and enjoyed seeing as a group. Look forward to seeing more.

Gregg

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  02:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much Karl and Gregg, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures it means alot.

quote:
Originally posted by GreggW

Hi Karl. That's it? Over 1000 days gone by and this is all we get? ........Gregg

Well there are a few I forgot to post Gregg.....

There was my first ever scratchbuilt rolling stock. (Thanks to Marty (labdad) for sharing his plans to start from)

And then there was an old decaying concrete bridge I built from a proto-pic (sorry, I forgot whose pic it was, AGAIN )

Proto bridge pic.........

My model bridge with the fake background....

Maybe I'll 'find' some more of my 'stuff' in time for the five year re-cap post.

Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  1:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had forgotten the car and bridge, Karl. They both look very nice.

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  09:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

I've only been a member of this forum for a few months but you already know that I think your work is fantastic. I want to join the large group who seem to be your fans. Thanks for posting this list of past strings and keep up the wonderful work.
Cheers,
Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

The Third
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  10:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the recap I to am a new member. You are a master craftsman along with a large number of other members of the forum. The fantastic model work on this forum has totaly changed my ideas as to what a model should look like. While I have a layout to me the trains are of secondary importance visitors and my grandchildren like to see them run. I suppose I neglect the train part because my engines and cars are basically right out of the box with no weathering, but we only have so much time and I want to spend mine on the structures and scenery my true love. From reading the forum (some builds over and over) I have decided to rework a lot of my layout starting with a small costal fishing village that I have already moved from one of the train rooms to the other and I have started to purchase wood kits to replace the plastic ones.

My wife has already approved attending CSS2010 so that I can attend the clinics.

Now all I have to do is believe enough in myself to start on one of the wood structures and go for it.

Thanks again for showing your fantastic model work.

Jim

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  4:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Checkin up on me Jerry ??? hahaha
I guess I do have a 'few' more builds now to add to this old thread from 2009, lol
Maybe I'll do that my friend...

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday T-boomer breakfast.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000