Railroad Line Forums - A Three Year Summary........
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: mrhollman ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 A Three Year Summary........
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Gorgeous inspection vehicles Topic Next Topic: Mike on the 6 oclock News CTV
Page: of 3

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, what a magnificent bunch!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, first of all, Happy Anniversary. I appreciate your willingness to share your models and techniques with us.

That's an impressive collection of models. Hopefully I'll make it to the NG Convention and meet up with you again.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  09:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Great review amazing how e can forget and a review like this brings back great memories.

Now you didn't post these for you to keep track of them did ya.

3 years older or 3 years better?

Thanks for sharing over the years Karl.

akimmons
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Send akimmons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Karl,
That's an impressive body of work. Thanks for posting the retrospective.

Arnold Kimmons
General Manager
Royal and Edisto Railroad

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49360

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  09:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, the progression of photos is simply amazing! I remember each of your builds but seeing them all together in like that really illustrates your talent as well as your 'growth' as a modeler. Thanks for taking the time to post this retrospective - and thanks for all of your contributions and input over the past 3 years!

(And congratulations on your 'partnership' with Brett. He's a great guy in addition to being highly creative. I know you'll enjoy working with him on his new projects this next year.)

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  10:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy Karl,

The review is a real inspiration. Thanks for putting it all together. You are one first class modeler!

Best regards,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  10:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea Karl! Nice to see all these together. Congrats!

DaVinci1953
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  10:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaVinci1953's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great modelling, Karl! I had no idea that you were that relatively new to this forum and craftsman construction. I assumed that you'd been doing this forever - the way you so easily switch to scratchbuilding to get exactly what you want. Very creative and inspiring - especially "Pauline's Art Shop" - and it's not because I'm an artist - I just think it looks perfect!

Lance

Lance Russwurm
http//www.lancerusswurm.com

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to all of you for the kind remarks, it has really been a great experience here on the forums. I have enjoyed learning and sharing with the incredible members here and have appreciated all of the input, advice and help so freely given. I am really looking forward to next year and much more enjoyable time modeling and on the forum.

Thanks again,
Karl.A

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice review Karl. I really enjoy following your builds. I am sure the next three years will be fantastic.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

RonH56
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  12:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Thanks for summary, I wasn't here for the three yesars but it seems that I have seen all or most of those beautiful models along the way.
I joined RR-L for many of the same reasons you did; and I continually remind myself that if I do half as well as most of you guys I'm doing just fine.
Please keep up the awesome work.

"What the heck wuz that?"
Ron Haviland
Owner/Operator
Red Water Railway Co.
L.B. & S Shortline RR.

Podunk, New England

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  1:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oooops, I forgot 'Gillespies' (sorry Walt ) http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27195&whichpage=8

and I also spent a month (half)building a layout.... http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25273&whichpage=9

Now I think thats everything..... maybe

Thanks again.
Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
and I also spent a month (half)building a layout....

I love this sentence, Karl.

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  7:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesume review Karl, Thanks for posting some great looking models,,
Joe

Cheers!, Joe

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  8:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Hard to believe it has been 3 years since your first post.
I remember the first model well and I also remember reading your construction threads for the other models you have posted.

Hard to pick a favorite but if pressed I would go with Shelby's since this is my favorite Sierra West structure and seeing it done in a larger scale was just great.

I also thank you for all the useful information you have posted in your threads about the different techniques you have used to achieve your results.

In today's world where everyone seems to have a DVD for sale explaining modeling techniques it is nice to see someone who will explain what they are doing at no charge.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Gorgeous inspection vehicles Topic Next Topic: Mike on the 6 oclock News CTV  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000