Railroad Line Forums - Ivers Engineering metal shells
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 12 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: josefarr71 ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 The Diesel Shop
 Ivers Engineering metal shells
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Spectrum HO 44 ton locos Topic Next Topic: Portland Terminal HH600  

richg1998
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  3:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone familiar with this companie's metal shells/ quality?

Rich

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one of their 70 ton diesel kits, and assembled one or more of their vehicle kits, as well as a GP-9 low hood converstion kit. All were fine, great castings and such. I don't know of what else they've offered and assumed their products were no longer in production. Met the owner Bob Ivers at a train show some years ago in Maine, think he said he was a long distance trucker and did the modeling part time only.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

MikeMc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  3:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeMc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought the low hood GP9 conversion kit a long time ago but never used it. In a box somewhere under the layout...

I wanted to do a MEC chop nose GP9 but it has never made it into my "current projects" yet. There might be better options by now (this was when the only "GP9" was the Athearn model), but I have not foxed it out yet. One day, I will get to that loco...

Mike McNamara
Delran, NJ

richg1998
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  3:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have the Ivers 70 ton kit on the way with a Bachmann 70 ton loco.
My third venture into diesel territory.
Trying to find a suitable sound decoder. The engine was a Cooper-Bessemer 6 cylinder, four cycle , 600 hp, diesel. Litchfield suggested a LokSound Micro 44 ton sound but the 44 ton was two 180hp diesels I believe. Could I tell the difference, probably not but I would like a sound that is somewhat different. Not sure if there is a Tsunami Micro with suitable sound.

Rich

Previous Topic: Spectrum HO 44 ton locos Topic Next Topic: Portland Terminal HH600  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-13 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000