Railroad Line Forums - A few images of Radical Flats
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: biomed ]
 All Forums
 Sponsor Forums
 KingMill Enterprises
 A few images of Radical Flats
 Forum Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: New Product line - Radical Roofs ! Topic Next Topic: Radical Flats in Allen Keller Video  

cj8n
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  08:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit cj8n's Homepage  Send cj8n an AOL message
A few images of Radical Flats

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  09:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Great looking building flats!

Mike

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  12:09:23 PM  Show Profile
I have some of these and similar products. I mount them to acid-free mat board (not cheap, but worth it), and then use a gray artist marker to darken the edges of the mat board, e.g. "Basic gray 6" (http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-studio-markers) The thick mat board and markers add depth and I layer the building flats on top of photo backdrops. i'm very pleased with the result.

You can experiment with the N scale products on an HO layout (for example) to get some forced perspective, too. At this price, you can afford some experimentation :-)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

robbostrains
New Hire

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  2:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Is it possible to get these shipped to the UK?Have e-mailed Kingsmill but have had no reply up to now,thanks Rob.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  3:22:15 PM  Show Profile
I for one will say these are some of the greatest products ever! The pictures above don't do them justice. I've seen them on a couple of layouts now, including Harsco's layout, and they are incredible. You almost have to touch them to realize that they aren't 3D!

Mark

Previous Topic: New Product line - Radical Roofs ! Topic Next Topic: Radical Flats in Allen Keller Video  
 Forum Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 3.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000