Railroad Line Forums - WORLD'S END QUAY
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: JohnA ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 WORLD'S END QUAY
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 09 Modeling Accomplishments Topic Next Topic: Alexanders Zelkin Sn3 layout
Page: of 2

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  04:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
As this is my first ever post I thought I'd show some shots of my 1:32 (Gauge 1) mini layout 'World's End Quay'.....hope that you like them,

Cheers,

John

Procrastination is the thief of time.

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  05:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! And what an entry! Wonderful modeling, full of character.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  06:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to see some 1:32 modeling.

Can you advise where you get your figures

cheers mate

Mario

www.modvid.com.au

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  06:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard and thank you for posting. Looking forward to seeing more of our wonderful 1:32nd scale modeling.
Peter

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  07:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments,

Mario.....the figures are from the Pheonix Miniatures range which sadly seem to have vanished off the map. It's a real pity as it was a cracking range of 1:32 scale period figures and accesories (gas lamps,horses and useful 'bits'), I'm told that the moulds still survive so hopefully they may well appear one day. The ones I have have been picked up at exhibitions over the years when they were available. It does annoy me that on the military scene you can get exquisitely detailed figures (54mm) of every army from the Babylonians upwards , but no civilians...grrrr!

Cheers,

John

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To give you an idea as to the size of the layout, the scenic bit is 7ft 6ins x 2ft and the storage area at the near end is another 3ft.......

The photo was taken at a local exhibition,

Cheers,

John

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice modeling John!

George Rapp
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  09:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just have to say that your B&W photos are exceptional, I had to look twice and the last one would fool anyone if a little smoke and some steam were added. My Grandfather was in charge of the Pola Naval Base in Austria Hungary during WW I and your photos are very similar to ones in the photo album he left me the track in the pavingstones is dead on.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  09:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, welcome to the forums. Excellent first post. Modeling and photography are both top notch. I agree with George about your last pic, it looks very realistic. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  09:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your very fine modeling, very very nice work on your "World's End Quay".

Greg Shinnie

shortliner
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  11:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John - I'd be most interested to see a trackplan, if at all possible - It certainly looks like some wonderful modelling

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  12:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jack
I don't work to a track plan therefore one doesn't exist however this is as near as I can get.

Thre's a 'Barry' slip at the far end with two short stubs to make shunting (switching) a tad more interesting

Cheers,

John

shortliner
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  06:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Thanks - I thought there was a run-round loop in there!

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  11:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another very nice bit of modeling.

TrainClown
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  02:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see some English engines. I don't often see them. Interesting models. What are they? year, make, etc? I mean, the prototypes, not the make of the models.

I bet it took a while to lay all that cobblestone!

Christopher

Clowning around with trains.

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  06:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Christopher,
The loco's (prototype)are Manning Wardle L class locos built at their works at Leeds, England in the 1890's/early 1900s.
The cobbles didn't take long to lay at all being from www.Kancali.com in the States...excellent stuff which took 2 days to lay it all,

Cheers,

John

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 09 Modeling Accomplishments Topic Next Topic: Alexanders Zelkin Sn3 layout  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000