Railroad Line Forums - Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: stvlxx ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New On30 Bachmann Heisler! Topic Next Topic: No new On30 announcements from Bachmann?
Page: of 77

milocomarty
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  06:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, plans look great...have fun Scott with the new addition !

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  07:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Scott, I look forward to many great updates of your new addition.

Mark

W,L,&E

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  6:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to finish one layout and you are working on three, and doing a fine job. Good for you. Looking foward to progress pictures.

Roland

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  1:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "island" is growing! Made some real progress this week on my logging "island" expansion. A friend helped me get the lighting up (single flouresent fixtures for $3 at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, tubes for $.50!!!!) I also got moving on the main yard benchwork and I am playing around with various ideas. The latest includes a medium size saw mill in the background disappearing into the backdrop, small town on the inlet, and a service facility with a large engine house, shop area ala Chuck Doan, water tank, oil,etc. and misc. sheds and lots of exterior detail. Behind the yard on a low hill backed with trees, will be logging cabins, cook house, etc. Next up is to get the backdrop in and a valance to cover the lights. Those lunkers from the yarding site will be showing up in no time! My dog Willie likes the progress it also! He is a great foot warmer while I am sketching ideas. Scott

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott,
I am excited to see that saw mill, I have moved my saw mill to become a saw mill flat with track running underneath the haul too. Are the drawings based on a building? or ? Mine will be about 3 or 4 inches deep at most so it will be a detailed flat, hauling logs out of the pond.

Les

My forum build links;
Big Horn and Moose Creek :http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22704&whichpage=1
Locomotives: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20279
Railcars: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17827

jcoop
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  2:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott, so is a triple decker in the future? I can see you running out of room on the lower one pretty quick.

John

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  4:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scott, really like the mill mock up....it "screams" log mill in just 9" of depth.

Les, it I remember correctly, Bob Brown's mill scene is very similar and I believe he modeled the Mich-Cal mill at Camino.

tom

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tom,
Yeah I have seen several depictions thru the years, but would like to have at least a frontal diagram of the building to build to. The haul will be interesting with locos traveling under it.

Les

My forum build links;
Big Horn and Moose Creek :http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22704&whichpage=1
Locomotives: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20279
Railcars: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17827

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The partial saw mill idea is inspired by an article I saw in an old Fine Scale Modeler (Logging and Mining Issue - by McKenney???), and the Sundance Central (F-scale) approach to their 1/2 saw mill in their latest layout expansion. Being that my mill is tucked in the back corner under the top level of the layout I think I can blend it into the backdrop effectively, especially if I place a lot of up front detail. Scott

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  2:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking good scott, if your main layout and mini layout is anything to go by this will be great! and what a handsome pooch.

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new benchwork, back drop, etc. is moving along. However, it is the most boring part of the hobby to me. Thus, easily distracted with real modeling endeavors. During a few nights over the past couple of weeks I turned my attention to scratch building some camp cars (that can fit over a Bachman flat car) to be used in the rear seen area of my rail road camp. I also dug out an old unfinished On3 wood caboose I have had in a box for at least 20-years and decided to make it into some kind of storage shed. This was a fun little model an includes lighting. I expect to use it up front near the future engine service area. Scott

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  3:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great little buildings with lots of caracter.

Mark

W,L,&E

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  3:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounding mark, lovely details, and a nice use of an old project

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  9:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the camp car and storage unit. I had the same idea and recently ordered a suitable caboose for just such a project.

Now I know what to do when I have built too many things and need more space...put in another deck.

Bryan

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  9:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The caboose is fantastic. I like teh camp car as well.

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

Page: of 77 Previous Topic: New On30 Bachmann Heisler! Topic Next Topic: No new On30 announcements from Bachmann?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000