Railroad Line Forums - Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 143 ]  [ Newest Member: prrfan59 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New On30 Bachmann Heisler! Topic Next Topic: Older 2-8-0 Consolidation C-16s
Page: of 77

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  05:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the junk looks great, the colouring is spot on and the tractor is spot on! nice work

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  06:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice set of goodies, Scott. I'm looking forward to see how you put them together in one of your great scenes.

Frederic Testard

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting close to complete with the major structures. Finished the bridges and a little chicken coop. The pictures illustrate the general locations proposed. Once a few other structures are complete I can focus again on finishing the scenery and circle of track. Scott

elminero67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  11:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a well ventilated outhouse- Hope it doesnt get too cold there! Looks great.

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  01:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scott, looking good. Where did you get the rooster and chickens?

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  2:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love these little details, Scott. Very charming.

Frederic Testard

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  02:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very quick update on my "Wedding Cake" Desert Scenery project: However, not much to post. I have been down with a leg injury and recently ill with a cold. Started working again on the track today. I decided to try something inexpensive (read cheap). Instead of the $8 per 3-ft micro engineering On30 flex track or the Peco flex track, I have taken some $3 HO-scale flex track from Atlas, painted and weathered, removed some ties and plan to move on from there. For you On30 newbees out there looking for an alternative to using regular HO-scale track for On30, or the more pricey alternatives, this is a nice option. The following picture shows a before and after result once having removed some ties. Since it is narrow gauge, you can make anything work with a little imagination. Hope to share more next week (more rock work and track laid. Until then..........

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  9:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks Good.
L&N nut
Jon

swissrails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  9:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking great Scott--love the flex trick, and the tractor and other items are top notch.

Peter (swissrails)

http://www.randomrailroad.blogspot.com

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  01:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The track looks nice, Scott.

Frederic Testard

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  01:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am having trouble laying the track. The radius needed is around 16". I thought the track would curve easier without the ties. The opposite appears true. I walked away after popping some ties and bending track. Will try again on Saturday. If this does not work I may have to and lay rail. Scott

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Scott when removing the extra ties, don't romove the plastic where it is under the rail. Just snip the ends and middle peices. This will allow you to bend the track better.

Mark

W,L,&E

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good information! That makes sense now that IK think about it. Unfortunately a week to late. Hopefully, someone else can learn from my mistake. Thanks. Scott

swissrails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  11:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scott, looks like a good excuse to make another project to me . . Not that anyone needs one.

P

Peter (swissrails)

http://www.randomrailroad.blogspot.com

RickW
New Hire

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  12:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,

Want to thank you for posting your "mistake".. I was just thinking about doing the same thing with the Atlas code 83 flex track I am using.. Will keep the plastic under the rail as suggested by others...

Rick Wiemholt

California Central Coast On30
www.ccc-on30.org

Page: of 77 Previous Topic: New On30 Bachmann Heisler! Topic Next Topic: Older 2-8-0 Consolidation C-16s  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.76 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000