Railroad Line Forums - Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 15 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 71 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: sbutler1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Never Done and Always Changing On30 Railroad
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Reading & Union City Eastern Railroad. Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co
Page: of 74

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! I am new to the forum and never done this before. So I thought I would jump right in and post a little modeling. I am a member of the Norhtern California Narrow Gaugers module club (see other topic setup by John Cooper). I am the guy with the two modules reflecting the logging service facility andf the mine scene.

I am trying to upload some recent modeling for view and comment. However, Pics will not load (site under maintenance??) Is this a regular thing or am I doing something wrong. Help?

Scott scottrobertsonon30.com

BigLars
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,
Welcome aboard there are several threads in:

All Forums
General Forums
The Arrival Track

They explain how to post a picture. Looking forward to seeing some more of your models.
Larry

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, welcome aboard, Scott.
Your problem may be due to the size of the pics. Check that they don't exceed about 100 kb or the forum software won't load them. You can use an image processor to increase compression on jpegs so as to reach the required size.
Hope this helps, and hope you'll be able to load the pics. Considering the quality of the pictures posted by John, I'm sure we'll all be happy to see more of them.

Frederic Testard

Tommatthews
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,

Welcome aboard ... looking fwd to seeing your pictures.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott this link may help you with the pics:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16027

Mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott and welcome to RR-Line.

Here three threads that should answer most if not all of your picture posting questions:

How to Post a Photo - REVISED 12/23/06 - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

How to resize photos for posting at RRL - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5383

posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18629

Some of the more common problems are - 1) As Frederic already mentioned, picture size. Keep them around 800 pixels on their longest side and you should be OK.

2) Naming convention. Use only letters and or numbers. Use any other characters and the picture will not post.

3) Using an OS other than IE or Safari. See the third topic I listed above if you're using Firefox or Mozilla.

If after all that you're still having problems, let me know and I will help as best as I can.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

As you think, so will you be.

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  7:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow. Thanks to all for the quick response. I think the photo size is to large. I will take it down a bit. I will also read those other threads to get smart about this topic.

stay tuned

Scott

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Scott. Looking forward to your pictures.

Arthur

Arthur

Cielo Vista Railway (on30)

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  10:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is are some photos of some new castings I just painted and some taken on two of my modules. Thanks to John C. for the help in loading photos via photo bucket!

BigLars
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  10:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,
Amazing stuff! Who made the castings?
Larry

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  10:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Larry. The castings are from Rusty Rails. They make very nice detailed resin castings in multiple scales. The skidder is one piece, plus a stand alone boiler. The tractor is all one piece. A little paint, a little chalk weathering, and an hour or so later, viola - ready to plant in the ground. I planted mine in the logging camp area on my home railroad.

Scott

jcoop
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  12:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,

Now that you got this picture posting thing down, It's time for some pics of your home stuff.

Glad you got it to work

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  07:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scott robertson

Hi Scott --

Welcome aboard! I've admired and enjoyed your work. You've got a real nice touch when it comes to weathering and finishing structures and lineside details ... and when set against the lush scenery as shown above, it creates a wonderful atmosphere. Look forward to seeing more!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  08:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Scott, and really nice to see such fine modeling! Great coloring/weathering1

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
http://coastline.no13.se

Sully
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  08:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Scott...nice to see another logger on board. Very nice modeling too!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  09:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott, congratulations on getting the pictures posted. Appreciate seeing your quality work. Hope we get to see much more.

A quick word about linking to other sites to post pictures here. The other mods and I always encourage members to upload their pictures directly to the RR-Line server. The reason for that is, should something happen at Photobucket (or any other site being linked to) and your link no longer works, we wouldn't see your pictures any longer. As you venture around the forums and view some older threads you'll see examples of this. If you load the pictures directly onto the server, this will never be a problem.

As you think, so will you be.

Page: of 74 Previous Topic: The Reading & Union City Eastern Railroad. Topic Next Topic: Westport River Lumber Co  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-13 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000