Railroad Line Forums - Hardwick & Woodbury Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Reference & Research
 Hardwick & Woodbury Railroad
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Power pole connections Topic Next Topic: Cheyenne depot circa 1943  

UncleJT
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know much about the Hardwick & Woodbury Railroad or any other railroads that serviced granite quarries in the Northeast in the late 1800's to early 1900's? From the little info I've found via google, this sounds like it'd be a great railroad to model.

Railroad operations consisted of quarry switching, main line hauling and yard switching with three Shays and a massive fleet of over 40 flat cars. There was also a quarry-village railroad connection that allowed quarry workers living in the village to commute to work. Monday through Saturday the train left Hardwick at 6:15 a.m. and returned from the quarries at 5 p.m.

Railroad Model Craftsman published a H&W layout by Robert Jones in April, 2005. I ordered the back issue today but the lady informed me it might be four to six weeks before I receive my copy.

Any additional info on this railroad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  07:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your are a member of the NMRA you always have access to their library for free. They can also send you copies of any articles.

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good info, JT. I plan on having a quarry on my Northeastern style RR so this is great.
Thanks

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Previous Topic: Power pole connections Topic Next Topic: Cheyenne depot circa 1943  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000