Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest - O scale Tool Shed (#302)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: Faire to Midland ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest - O scale Tool Shed (#302)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Airbrush Booth Size ? Topic Next Topic: SWSM Essentials build--by a Newbie
Page: of 37

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl
Magnificent. Just one beautiful build.
Peter

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  6:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
What a stunning build, wonderful detail everywhere you look.

Larry

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  7:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl
Congrats!! It is superb in every way. Thanks very much for this inspiring work Karl.
Kevin

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Karl, forgot to mention the beautiful track work and ask how you made the spikes. I love how you worked that out.
Kevin

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  7:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for the wonderful comments and support,

I may go a little camera crazy for a while.....hopefully I wont overdo it...

(never thought I'd be brave enough to post a pic this close up of my work.... but theres so many details in the kit unless you get up and close you might miss one or five )

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 09/28/2009 7:37:03 PM

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl
Picture crazy? No way! Just keep 'em coming.
Peter

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  8:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Plenty of awesome details and a very well conceived and constructed structure and diorama for us to see up close and study. "Please sir, may we have some more!"

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  9:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Karl
Sweeeeeeet model, I liked your work so much I bought one at convention and ordered the rigging shed for it too. Take plenty of pictures, because that is the best way to proof your model. You will see things that you never saw before...your eye blends color and shapes together.

Les

Mike Engler
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  9:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl- An incredible build ! The colors and weathering are awesome. I am planning on doing this when Brett starts his class, and I am eager to do my first "O Scale" structure. Mike E.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  10:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again everyone,

Some morning shots and then I should probably quit, besides the more I post the more flaws will be noticed so I think I should quit while I'm ahead.

I'll explain how I did the spikes for you shortly Kevin.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry... couldnt resist.... ....

Karl.A

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again, excellent, Karl. My favorite shot from this latest set of photos is the next to last one. The lighting really shows off all the detailing, and I love the ruts in the road, the RR crossbuck.... the whole scene is outstanding!

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  11:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much Mike, I see we cross posted, I really appreciate your input, the ground cover was primarily learnt from your posts and inspired inpart by the tie cutters dio, the stoney barren areas, I also see we both liked the same shot.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 09/29/2009 11:42:34 AM

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  12:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, Those outdoor are really great, I expect an old log truck to pull up and start fueling up. I wish I could get my hands on that kit to build, you build was agood inspiration.

Mark

W,L,&E

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, Very, very well done. I know that you have stated many times that you just followed Bretts's instructions... but there is something called 'execution', and you nailed it (no pun intended). Wonderful eye candy and a model which I'm sure will provide you with many a hour playing with the camera. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Page: of 37 Previous Topic: Airbrush Booth Size ? Topic Next Topic: SWSM Essentials build--by a Newbie  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000