Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest - O scale Tool Shed (#302)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 213 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: wandering rr ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest - O scale Tool Shed (#302)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Airbrush Booth Size ? Topic Next Topic: SWSM Essentials build--by a Newbie
Page: of 37

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  7:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl, those last shots really show the quality of your work. This is one fantastic build.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  7:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, take a bow, you've done an awesome job on this kit. Excellent pictures too.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  8:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for the very kind words, they are very appreciated.

There is still a short way to go yet before completion and final pictures, probably tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  8:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A good pic of this area proved most elusive earlier today when I took the others, I'll try some more shots in the early morning sun.

Karl.A

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  9:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, This is an utterly awesome build. I must say we now have the three Modelteers,(Karl,Frederic and Troels). Boy,what a treat to watch these three masters go at it.Amazing, simply amazing.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  9:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bill, I really appreciate your comments on my work and the model, thank you very much.

Although I am sitting here with a big smile on my face after reading your very generous comments in reality all I did was follow Bretts instructions.

Thanks again,

Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  03:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, if you put a Ferrari in the hands of a bad driver, he won't do it justice.
I really don't think there will be too many of these sheds built as exceptionnaly well as yours.

Ken Hamilton
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  06:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ken Hamilton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl, that's a beautiful diorama. The colors...the texture of the
groundcover...the composition...EVERYTHING is just perfect.
Wonderful job.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much Frederic and Ken I really appreciate it.

I made a (small) start on spiking down the rails (although they are 'instant superglued' in place already) this morning, I can tell you now..... PR2 will NOT be handlaid with four spikes per tie .

Karl.A

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl, I keep coming back and marvelling at what you have accomplished. It really is something special.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  4:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Simon, it has been a really great experience and I learned alot throughout the build.

It may not look like that many but this 106 homemade spikes sitting in blacken it.

Installing all the spikes went quicker than I thought it would, and yes I spiked where the crossing was going to go just incase anyone noticed it later, besides, it would have bugged me everytime I looked at it.

Once the spikes were all done I gave them a coat of 'rusty' chalk and then blackened between the rails, but not too much as this is a fairly new line.

Next I completed the final detail for the diorama... which is some oily rags to go in and next to the can close to the gaspump.

I hereby declare this diorama finished !!!

I know the colours are off but the sun is too bright right now for pics outside and I was too thrilled about finishing my first SW kit, and how good it came out to wait any longer and post better outdoor pics.

Many thanks indeed go to Brett for asking me to build this kit here for him, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks also to everyone who posted (and read) throughout the build, I really appreciate all of the input, suggestions and wonderful comments.

Take care and be safe,
Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 09/28/2009 4:27:20 PM

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  5:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is absolutely a masterpiece, Karl!!!

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  5:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 10 for sure!

Elliott

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't help but feel it is lacking something, tobacco spit balls, that's it!!

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  6:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simply beautiful, Karl, as well as inspirational!

Page: of 37 Previous Topic: Airbrush Booth Size ? Topic Next Topic: SWSM Essentials build--by a Newbie  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000